Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I am in Canada, but I am looking for some very strong working lines.
What are some lines to stay away from.
I want workability, drive, nerves.
No massive lines, or pug faces. I hate Timbit Tor type dogs.
Too many do not work their own dogs, just import, Looking for a breeder that works their own dogs to at least IPO2, or SCH2.
I am willing to fly the right puppy in from over seas.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! You probably should enquire about this type of Rottweiler at Schutzhund Clubs. If you are looking for strong working lines...then you have to find a breeder that competes in some form of work. The only breeder that I can think of that may give you some ideas on breeders to check out is Ann and Mike Jackman at www.esmondrott.com Try sending them an e-mail for some ideas for Canada, or even the USA or Europe.

Also I would enquire at the Canada Schutzhund Club www.gsscc.ca and see if they have any suggestions for working Rottweiler breeders. I'm not sure about importing a puppy from overseas?? I hear of lots of scams, and people ending up with sick, or poor tempered pups. :( If you knew someone that actually has met the breeder and their dogs....and their reputation that is different. Also many of the breeders do not do health certs on their breeding dogs. No use getting a great working Rottweiler that drops dead at 2 from SAS.:( European breeders often save the best puppies for their own breeding programs or sell locally....and ship out the puppies to foreigners that are second best.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Maybe reach out to Jane Mitchelmore. She started RkNA and also publishes Total Rottweiler Magazine. She lives in BC.

Reactions: big black dogs
1 - 4 of 4 Posts