Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently looking for my next Rotti pup and was hoping to be vetted on the current climate in light of Covid. The breeder I got my last pup from is no longer breeding Rottis and I've begun reaching out to a few breeders associated with my old one, and some breeders who are breeding dogs I've personally met and loved, but I realized I don't quite know the landscape.

What are the current prices? Expectations on the purchaser and breeder side? I know about titles, health certs and so on, and that information is plentiful here, but anything that may be time-specific to right now? For reference, I live in Ottawa, Ontario but I'm willing to travel to get my pup. I'm also in no hurry so waiting for breedings is more than welcomed.

I'm partial toward Carrabba Haus dogs and have reached out, if anyone has feedback. Also, Secreti Haus, since they have Enzo. If anyone has feedback on either, or if you have other suggested breeders for me to look at, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

OBM

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Who did you get your last Rottweiler pup from? Even though they are not breeding, they may have some suggestions. My Jemma's breeder lives just outside of Ottawa (Carleton Place)....not sure when she is having her next litter...but you may want to check out her. www.eirian.org She shows her dogs in conformation and also does all of the necessary health testing on her breeding dogs. If I was young enough for another Rottweiler I would go back to her in a hot second.
Esmond Rottweilers is another great breeder in Ontario....though they most often have a very long waiting list, and the puppies usually go to buyers that have bought from them before.

It's been awhile since I have bought a well bred Rottweiler puppy....but I think the average price right now is around $2500.- $3000. ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome!

I got my last Rotti from Geri Lordi, who worked with Carrabba Haus but had her own Kennel/program for a while, hence my checking Carrabba Haus first. I am in talks with them but I like to explore my options, just my buying habit really.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out when I'm done writing this message.

Ahh, okay, that seems about right compared to what I'm seeing. I read the original pinned post stating anything over $1500 you should walk away from, but that was 2010 so I figured it would have gone up lol, thanks for confirming.

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
I know that Geri Lordi worked with Eirian as did Carrabba Haus. I know that Johhna had a dog from Carrabba Haus in her program a few years ago. Sometimes tails are left on for certain breedings and pairings. You just have to ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotchya, thanks for the info! I will reach out to see if any upcoming breedings match my preferences with Eirian then. I thought it was dock or no dock, there is no inbetween lol. Glad to know that's not the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.