Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! I don't have any experience with this breeder...I'm in Canada. Just took a look at their website. They seem to show their dogs and do the required health testing on their breeding dogs. What are your plans with your dog? Are you interested in titles, sport, companion,etc.?? What experience do you have with the breed?? It looks like this breeder is more of a commercial breeder. Where are the puppies whelped? and where are they raised? Do the dogs live in kennels?

The breeder has three breedings planned, all pups coming this Spring. Unless they have help...very hard to raise well balanced pups with so many due at the same time. The breeder also used the same male (his own male) on all three expected litters. Most commercial breeders use their in house male for stud...but that does not mean that they always complement every female for breeding.

I prefer to get a well raised puppy from a small hobby breeder...that only has a litter or two in a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! Thank you for responding. I have had two male Rottweilers previously ( my first was from the last litter of Ironwoods Cade, and he was a perfect boy!). I then had three Bernese Mountain dogs. I lost my most recent dog to bloat last month and I am planning on getting another Rottweiler when I can find a breeder I can trust and am happy with. He will be a companion/pet. I know the stubborn streak of the breed, and also the loving side. ❤ I'm in Wisconsin and can be skeptical of some of the small breeders I've seen, they made me feel like they were possibly puppy mills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts