Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love some suggestions for breeders. I have 4 boys (3, 5, 7, and 9 years old). Looking for a female pup with great lines from a reputable breeder. Solid temperament and lots of ball drive musts. We are active and spend weekends at ball games, camping, hiking, and playing. We would look at breeding her in the future, if the circumstances were right.

We live in New England but I don't mind going to get a dog elsewhere in the country. I would love any suggestions at this point. We just want want a beautiful family companion that we can take with us and do everything with.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
With children that young, you may have problems finding a COE breeder that is interested in selling you a pup. Rottweiler pups can be rough, and tumble....and be hell on wheels with kids...biting, nipping and generally being PITA...LOL I'm not saying you can't find a good breeder...but you may really have to sell yourself...and have researched puppy classes, and a trainer ready to help out.

I don't know of any COE breeders in your area (I'm in Ontario)...but you could try getting in touch with Esmond Rottweilers. Anne and her husband Mike live in Ontario (have a super breeding program) and often breed with other good breeders in the States. I know that she has a co-breeding in Indiana with a Lisa Wingerter and Lisa Clare...being born soon. Anne may also be able to give you some suggestions for good COE breeders in your area. Both Anne and Mike are breeder/judges. Their e-mail is : [email protected] phone: 705-786-9767

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally understand. I would hope that they would be more hesitant. I should have mentioned that we have a lot of experience with Rottweilers. We have raised others that have grown old and died. We also have a 2 year old GSD that all the boys helped to raise. Hopefully this will calm their fears.

10 years ago I was familiar with most breeders around the country. I felt like I had a pretty good feel for the different breeders and what they were going for in their dogs. A lot has changed since then in this world so I thought I would come on here and get suggestions from people on who they use and trust.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
You can also try... Welcome to Nighthawk Rottweilers When you go to their website, you see all of the titles, and health clearances on the dogs they breed....no hunting and searching. They are in California. Good Rottweiler breeders have a small community....they will often be able to recommend a breeder in your area...or know of a litter coming up. Also try Cammcastle - Cammcastle Rottweilers
another good breeder in the States. You need to network....and hopefully you will find that perfect puppy. What sex is your GS ? You will need the opposite sex Rottweiler puppy. Male/female makes the easiest combo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I have looked at a couple of these already but now I will reach out for sure.

The GSD is a male so we are looking for a female. We had two male, in-tact, Rottweilers for 8 years and didn't have any issues with it, but I had to stay on top of it a lot and we only had two small kids.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just bought a male pup from Rottweiler Kennel Schwarz Rott.Garde . you can google her i think she still has 2 or 3 females left

·
Registered
496 Posts
I couldn't resist looking at the pups. They are so adorable. So you are importing the pup all the way from Serbia?

Congrats. Can't wait to see pictures of him.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had two Rottweilers from Von Evman Rottweilers in Florida. I have 10 grandkids and I would highly recommend going through Evie Lynn, because hers have the best temperaments. Not once have I had a problem with my 10 grandkids all 11 years old, & under and my Rottweilers. The key is to start training the first day you get them. I got my second one at 8 weeks old and he learned Paw the first night. The reason why she has many of them is, because they are highly sought-after dogs. Her dogs have great Bloodlines, and have excellent temperaments. Like with anything you have to watch your children when they are around animals. Most of the time I don't trust the child versus the animal. 😂😂😂😂 And she does ship. I'm in Massachusetts if you're close by you may come visit mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
With children that young, you may have problems finding a COE breeder that is interested in selling you a pup. Rottweiler pups can be rough, and tumble....and be hell on wheels with kids...biting, nipping and generally being PITA...LOL I'm not saying you can't find a good breeder...but you may really have to sell yourself...and have researched puppy classes, and a trainer ready to help out.

I don't know of any COE breeders in your area (I'm in Ontario)...but you could try getting in touch with Esmond Rottweilers. Anne and her husband Mike live in Ontario (have a super breeding program) and often breed with other good breeders in the States. I know that she has a co-breeding in Indiana with a Lisa Wingerter and Lisa Clare...being born soon. Anne may also be able to give you some suggestions for good COE breeders in your area. Both Anne and Mike are breeder/judges. Their e-mail is : [email protected] phone: 705-786-9767
This is off base. I have young kids and have never had a problem with finding a breeder. Any puppy is rough. You have to set the tone as a responsible owner

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
This is off base. I have young kids and have never had a problem with finding a breeder. Any puppy is rough. You have to set the tone as a responsible owner
Not sure why you are replying to an almost 3 year old thread??? I stand by what I said. If you have very young children...I'm saying under 4 they need lots of attention. Toddlers and babies take up so much time...that a puppy, and it's training often get neglected. Often people with young children sadly realize that raising a puppy is so much work. I don't know of any ethical breeders that would sell a Rottweiler puppy to a first time owner with very young children. If you've got lots of Rottweiler experience there may be the exception. I know that our Rottweiler rescue would not adopt out to people with kids under 5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts