Rottweilers Online Forums banner

BSL in Mesquite Texas?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ram100987 
#1 ·
Hello, I will possibly soon be the owner of a rotty puppy. I work at a veterinarian clinic and will be getting her from a fellow coworker once I make my decision(I want her but im trying to convince my fiance). I know that they have a bad reputation so I've been doing some research to see if there are any policies against rotts in my town or if its even legal to do so. It's all very confusing though so I wanted to ask for clarification. I live in an apartment here in mesquite which is on the east side of dallas county. So is there any laws that would allow my town or my apartments to ban this breed?

From what I could understand only houston has any sort of ban or regulation, but is it possible for my apartment to ban this breed? I know they allow both small and large breed but I can't find any info on specific weight or breed minus calling the office.

I do plan on calling the office anonymously tomorrow to find out if there are any specific weight or breed restriction but I would like to know the actual laws. Thanks for your help!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.