Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD =row1 vAlign=top align=left width="100%">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="100%">My neighbours all keep pretty much to themselves, we say hello in passing but thats about it.

Last night at aboutmidnight my neighbour knocked on the door and whispered "theres someone trying to scale the back fence!"

Now to make things a little clearer my back fence is 7 feet high and as I stay in a flat, well rows of flats, he would have to have scaled 4 other 7 feet high fences before he had gotten to mine. So me being me came to the conclusion that he was up to no good and calmly opened the back door and said "girls go pee" well they needed out anyways. He must have been half over my fence by this point and the girls went BALLISTIC!!!!!!!!!! The barking and howling must have been heard half way across Aberdeen, they were NOT happy bunnies. I heard the guy fall off the fence (still in the next garden) and I can safely say he did not attempt to climb the fence again. I left the girls out for over thirty minutes just to make sure. Now normally my neighbours would go nuts about me letting the girls bark like that and especially at that time of night but I think they will let me off just this once, just hope whoever it was that complained to the council about them last time realises that they could have been broken into had the girls not been here.

Makes me wonder if he knew my girls and knew they were big softies and thought he would chance his luck or didnt kow the dogs were here and got what he deserved.

My partner was not impressed that I let the girls out and gave me a lecture about "what if they had attacked him" My answer was if he had so little faith in the girls he doesnt deserve them and Im sure kisses and sitting on the burglar giving him cuddles doesnt count as a proper attack, saying that I am a little unsure how it would have panned out had he fallen the opposite direction and into my garden but what can I say, he shouldnt have been there anyways.</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =row1 vAlign=bottom noWrap align=left>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="100%">
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thats a good story. Maybe your neighbors will find out from someone that your girls did a fine job of watching out for the place and cut you some slack from now on. People are that way, they complain and complan untill they figure out that what they are complaining about is benefitting them as well. Give those girls a bone !

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Job well done girls !!!
I would like to see someone that my dogs didn't know jump over my fence , they would be in for a rude awakening ! I don't think they would quite make it back out in one piece thats for sure ! Apollo is quite a protective boy , the other night my hubby had some guys over and they were out in his club house ( his work shop ) and a friend that is here all the time came in and was going to go upstairs to pee , ( he can just walk into my house one of the few that can ) anyway the babies like tolay on the steps. Well I was up stairs watching T.V. and no one else washome and Apollo would not let him go up stairs ! His hair stood up on his back and everything . I think he was protecting me since in his mind I was home aloneand he was doing his job protecting his Momma !He was a bit upset at first ( he just loves the babies and they love him ) till I said hey he was just doing his job , and he said you know I think your right !!

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
gotta be a female thing .....

when my boy was young i had to come in thru a window once .... he was hiding in the closet barking ....

then when we had a burgeler we slept thro it .... my daughter woke me up ... I herd the person coming in the window ... i look over there is my ROTTWEILER snoring to beat the band .... i woke him up and had to wait for him to stretch and yawn .... then ask him who was here ..... after he was awake he was ready to scare the burgeler .... who was 1/2 way home by then .....

but he is ready now .... he barks at the wind ( just in case )

·
Registered
218 Posts

Good Job PUPS!!!!! Great story.... Almost like in the movies. Thank God you have them.. Who knows what may have occurred if they were not there..

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That is a great story and I know the neighbors are glad you have them. I know my neighbors are glad we have Xari, he is young but really on guard now. But I won't tell them that the other day when he went to the vet that he went under the chair to hide
Any way, glad all came out well and bet he won't try that again, not if he's smart. Good going gals

·
Registered
78 Posts
way to go girls
i would rather hear the dogs barking than have a burglar so maybe the neighbours will be more appreciatve !!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have to say I was quite proud of them!!! I have always said since the day we got Tiny that I felt safer going to bed knowing she was there, and of course Shy is monsterous in size compared to Tiny so now I sleep like a log! :) I love my girls and love them even more knowing that they will protect me should it come down to it although they are definatley on the alert after that episode with the "burglar" because Ritchie came home the other night from a friends house and Tiny was still growling when he took off his jacket. She normally doesnt even open an eye when he comes through the front door, dont know if she can smell him a mile off or what but since the dude on the fence she is in guard dog mode

1 - 8 of 8 Posts