Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

My Mom called me a little while ago and asked me to take her in to the doctor tomorrow, uh, today I guess. She has blood in her urine. We got a hold of the doctor at home and he said to bring her in first thing in the morning. He said he'll set up some tests at the hospital for her as well. She's already on a blood thinner for a stroke she had a few years back, and has a leak in a valve to her heart. I hope it isn't anything serious. I'm hoping its a kidney infection, or something like that. I'm worried because with the symptoms she's having and being over forty she has a chance of having some kind of cancer. My aunt (her sister) had uterine and cervical cancer. I know this has nothing to do with rottweilers but I couldn't sleep and I just needed to talk about it. Thanks for letting me vent.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Scarlet , I hope your Mum is ok I'll put her in my prayers for sure ! Blood inher urine sounds like a urinary track infection to me . I know this isn't any comparison to your Mum but my Rhea has hadtwo urinary track infections and the sure signs of it was blood in her urine . The vet put her on antibotics and it cleared it right up .....lets us know hows she's doing ..... chin up and think positive ....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good news! You were right Kitty, it is a urinary tract infection. They put her on a antibiotic and she has to go back in a week to make sure its all cleared up. I was so nervous I was up until after 2 this morning. I took her out to lunch afterward, and took her to get her hair done. Whew! I hope I don't have a scare like that again for a while! Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Well thats great ! your got your hair all up in a knot for nothing
..... now you make sure she takes all of her antibiotics...... I have a real good friend thats a Dr. and thats one thing he preaches all the time take um all!!!!!! Glad to hear shes ok ......

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sorry to hear you were worried but glad things turned out the best they could!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Things turned out really well for her. I just worry about her, she's getting up there in age and she's all I got left as far as parents go. I don't want to think about not having her around, she's not only my mom but my best friend too. She's really good about remembering to take her medicine because she has had to take thyroid medicine as long as I can remember, and a blood thinner since her stroke. She's already acting like she's feeling better since she started her antibiotics. Pretty soon she'll be back to bossing me around again,LOL!
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well we are glad to hear it, I'm glad she's doing better and you know you can't wait for her to be bossing you around again!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah, well I never listened very well. Huh? What'd you say? Oh, well I thought you were talking to someone else. (This is where she would roll her eyes, take that stance like she means business and stare me down until I can't keep a straight face)
I never could get away with it, but I always have to try! Moms-Ya gotta love em!</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah you really do gotta!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Me too. She's back to her feisy old self. I hope I have even half her energy at her age! She can still give me a run for my money.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.