Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any experience with a rottweiler having anxiety issues in a car
My 1 year old female throws up almost every time we get in the car. sometimes multiple times
If the trip is longer (30 mins for example) she'll start breathing heavier and drools .

Unfortunately when the whole family is in the car, he spot is in the back back, but because of her situation i don't take her out as much as i would like.

By the way, she can throw up even when sitting in the front seat with the window open

Somebody suggested to try CBD oil for dog...

any thoughts?

thanks,

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's Agis too. I was hoping he'd grow out of it but so far now (18 months) he hasn't.

If we're doing a long drive, we make sure not to feed him that morning. That helps, though he still drools. Most short drives he's okay, though once driving to the store my husband works at (to visit) he puked during the ~10k drive. Our vet is ~5k away and that's always been fine.

We are going to try gravol, though it's not AS effective. Our vet suggested it as something to try rather than giving him cerenia, which is expensive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would add I don't think what you're experiencing is anxiety so much as it is motion sickness. Most dogs who have it as puppies outgrow it.

Agis isn't a big fan of the car, but he was motion sick before he started disliking cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aside from motion sickness meds, canine or human types benedryl can work. Also, allegedly people have noticed less motion sickness using a simple static strap on your vehicle. Or should be called anti static strap, it might be worth trying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts