Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creasey is now almost 5 months old. She used to go for car rides all of the time between 2-3 months old. Now her car sickness is worsening with age. When it started it would only happen about 30 minutes into the ride...now it's 2 minutes into the ride. Any natural remedies or are there car sickness pills from the vet? Please help. I do not like to cut her nails and we can't go to any groomer or pet store without her throwing up EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the great sites....we'll start tomorrow. Yet another training technique. Don't these things come programmed already? Just kidding

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
I have used regular motion sickness pills for people on my dog before and worked great ... had to give him one just before we went for a trip evreytime ....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest...we haven't had a chance to start. Part of the reason is because my schedule after school (I teach 7th grade English) is so busy I don't always have it in me to clean up throw up
. I have off this Thursday and Friday so we will try it then. I will definitely let you know. Thanks for the conern and suggestions.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Thank goodness none of my dogs get car sick . Mel have you talked to your vet about medicine that would help ? I know sometimes it's anxiety but hey it could be it just upsets her belly .I know a few people who just can't ride in the back seat they have to be in the front or else they get car sick ..... and dogs are just like us at times . Hope she gets better with it ...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I also have never had a dog get sick in the car,but all of mine are crated and fall asleep as soon as I start driving.

Donna

·
Registered
4 Posts
im a newbie and a new dog owner im just hoping to learn more about the rotty. her name is precious and im sure i never dreamed i could love a dog so much

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When we got her she was 8 weeks and we took rides numerous times a week. She used to pass out in the carrier, then she had belly problems due to eating rocks, mushrooms, sticks, etc....even when watched like a hawk! Since then she gets car sick. It's gotten worse over the past month and now she gets sick when she gets in the crate. I think it's anxiety too. I wanted to try to avoid medication unless unavoidable because she's been on so much in the past 3 months (puppy vaginitis and the rock thing). We'll see how the method from one of the websites works this weekend. Thanks everyone...welcome Lisa! These people are amazing and they are here to help anyone. I depend on them more than I think they know. They're my first choice when I have a question or problem. About loving her so much....who knew she's be the most popular topic of discussion on my entire street and that my husband would greet her with hugs and kisses BEFORE me?!?! They're great, aren't they? (the dogs, not husbands)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.