Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tues will be New Years Eve. Do you do anything special to ring in the New Year? Go out? Party? Have a quiet night with family, friends, your dogs?
We are home...because we are 'old farts' now...hahahaha! Usually have some of the leftover cheeses, smoked oysters, pate,dips and other goodies, that I did not use up for Christmas...and a glass of wine. Watch t.v...and dogs out around 9 and off to bed. The new year comes in while I'm asleep...hahaha! I have to be up early to get the boarding dogs out, and begin my day.

Last New Years we had a stranded couple end up staying at our home. We had freezing rain, and live on a dirt road...which made the road a skating rink. The couple were city slickers with no snow tires..and they had been waiting for a tow truck for hours to tow them to a main road. No one showed up. We invited them in. Jemma was not pleased!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a great 2020!

·
Registered
196 Posts
We will both be doing good to make it to midnight, lollol

My big and expensive party days ended forty years ago — when I was in my 30’s. House parties ended about ten 6ears after that, lollol

That was fantastic of you to invite the stranded couple into your home:).

When I lived on the Ohio/Pennsylvania border, I had done some rescuing of stranded motorist, with my snowmobile. The most joyous and happy tears was the time a handful of us were out and came upon an elderly man in his car, buried in a snow bank, on a back road.

There were enough of us to be able to each give him an article of snowmobile clothing, get him behind one of the guys on a snowmobile and carry him the last few miles home- where his wife was in tears thinking she would never see him again. Turns out he had recently had open heart surgery and was not supposed to be out of the house:)

I have always had horses, so naturally my closest friends were my riding buds. Our big thing was to always take a New Years Day Ride around our big country blocks, while the husbands with half a hangover watched the kids:)

Our tradition was that the easier the ride went, the better the year would be for us:)

I don’t ride anymore, due to escalating bone trauma from old horse and snowmobile injuries but I still have two retired trail horses (24 & 25). I still think how our New Years Day goes should be an indicator of the rest of the year, lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
We are too old for New Year's Eve parties now. We have to endure massive celebratory gunfire where we are so we pretty much stay ducking for cover inside hoping not to take a bullet. I know it's illegal to shoot those guns but evidently we live around a bunch of idiots.

I do plan to post on Nextdoor that people should not leave their dogs outside for New Years Eve. I see so many running loose or worse ran over the next few days. It makes me sad and angry that some people don't have any sense.

Bella will want her bed moved closer to mine, away from the window.

Stay safe. Keep the pets safe and have a great New Year's. Hope 2020 is a great year. Here is Bella enjoying her bed on the patio on Christmas Day.
20191224_161110.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are too old for New Year's Eve parties now. We have to endure massive celebratory gunfire where we are so we pretty much stay ducking for cover inside hoping not to take a bullet. I know it's illegal to shoot those guns but evidently we live around a bunch of idiots.

I do plan to post on Nextdoor that people should not leave their dogs outside for New Years Eve. I see so many running loose or worse ran over the next few days. It makes me sad and angry that some people don't have any sense.

Bella will want her bed moved closer to mine, away from the window.

Stay safe. Keep the pets safe and have a great New Year's. Hope 2020 is a great year. Here is Bella enjoying her bed on the patio on Christmas Day.
View attachment 17602
Awww...what a cutie Bella is. So happy and relaxed! What is it about people needed to shoot off guns or fireworks, at New Year?? We live out in the country...and there were neighbors (city weekend people)...that started letting off fireworks a mile or so away. Woke me up for goodness sake..hahahaha! No need for them....now I sound like an old fart...LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Want to wish all of the members a very Happy New Year ,and I hope that 2020 will be a great year for all !!!
Seems that everyone was worried just a short time ago about Y2K...when the world was going to end because it was a new century. Now we are in the 20's!!!!

My Jemma will turn 11 this year. Where did the time go? I can see time creeping up on her now...sleeping more....but still has the edge on her with strangers, or new people...LOL

Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Happy New Year to you as well, BBD:)

Ditto wasn’t Y2K only a few years ago? I can’t believe we will be in the second decade of a new century in a few hours.

Mom was person of few words. One of her Pearls of Wisdom was “don’t wish your life away -the older you get the faster time goes. I was 12 when she told me that. She was right, I don’t know where these next sixty years flew off to——-

11years:) Jemma has had a great life. Here’s to many more happy years with her:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quiet night in - we’re trying to eat vegan for health so I’m making shells stuffed with cashew cheese and wilted greens, and a bit of red lentils (sounds weird but is really yum!) and some roasted veg. I bought actual champagne (never wanted to pay for it before) but we may not make it to midnight.

There’s a park kitty corner to us that often has fireworks on holidays but I’m hoping they skip NYE. Neb couldn’t care less but Xerxes is terrified. I am curious how Agis would react but still I just loathe fireworks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts