Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the Chatter Box be placed in a different area? For instance, a link to it for the membersinstead of directly in the forum area?

Every time I get on here - it's extremely slow and bogged down because of the Chatter Box - when the Chat wasn't up - it was quicker and more user friendly.
For this reason, I haven't been on this forum as much...

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
vonstallog said:
Could the Chatter Box be placed in a different
area? For instance, a link to it for the membersinstead of
directly in the forum area?

Every time I get on here - it's extremely slow and bogged down
because of the Chatter Box - when the Chat wasn't up - it was quicker
and more user friendly.
For this reason, I haven't been on this forum as much...

I AGREE .... no one will
chat with me anyways ....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about the slowness, vonstallog! I haven't had the opportunity to test the site on slower internet connections.

I added some buttons to the top right of the Chatter Box that look like this:

The red X will completely disable the Chatter Box off your page. The only way to get it back is to click on "Reset Module Cookies" in the Site Navigation menu under My CP. The minus sign box will minimize the Chatter Box, so you can temporarily hide it. There will be a plus sign box in it's place to maximize the window after you minimize it.

Let me know if this is a good solution/compromise. If not, I will come up with something else.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jess said:
Let me know if this is a good solution/compromise. If not, I will come up with something else.

Thank you for telling me, but for some reason that button doesn't work on this end. I've tried it several times, with it saying the next time I enter, it'll reset, but it doesn't. The chatter box is still present and constantly reloading (slowing) it down on this end, since I have dial-up.

Another suggestion: You have such a nice area laid-out for the Site Navigation, but under the Forums - you have no links that could take us directly to each section within the forum. For instance, listing each category, like Casual Chat, Pictures, Vet's Corner, etc. That waythe memberscould always just click to what is interesting to them without having to go thru several pages. Just an idea... thanks for a wonderful board!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
vonstallog, it should work now.

There's also another option... you could type "/refresh off" in the chat box tostop the chat from refreshing and slowing you down. "/refresh on" will turn it back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.