Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in. Dropped off for a while. Our newest girl is loving her new life. Not sure we've quite made the same connnection with her. It's hard to have a new dog that is so unlike what we were used to. She has no manners!!!! Time to start working on a few things with her. She has taken to the leash quite well, my husband works with her a lot on that. She is doing great with the potty training too. One of my sons doesn't like her at all so that is making things hard. She enjoys playing fetch and seems to have taken to me more than anyone else in the family which was surprising to me since I think her mother from before was not so nice to her.

Not sure why we haven't connected with her like we expected. Tend to have immediate connections with my animals. That falling in love from the first touch thing. I do love her but just not connected at the soul like I usually feel. We're trying but... guess it will come in time. Meanwhile, found an owner surrender (rottie) for my friend and connected with that dog right away. Think we got our dogs mixed up LOL. Our girls don't seem to like one another though, too bad!

Any thoughts or advice???

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Happy to hear she is working out ! Go get some training with her even a place like petsmart can help you. You will have to come back and post a new picture of her !

If anything happens and you need to re-home her you be sure and come back here first ! We will find her a nice home, Dan is looking for another

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
YUP sure am

wanting to rescue a female around one year old

of course if any rescue showed up i couldnt turn it away

when ever i find one its only gotta pass the Sampson test

and thats not gonna be hard .... " he has more friends then i do "

1 - 3 of 3 Posts