Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one problem with roxy that I have not been able to solve....hopeing for some help. I think that she does this for attention but im not sure......she chews on my shoes{ican under stand this they smell like food- i work in a resturant} bras...lol ..
.talk about embarassing....jeans. Usually she does this while I am asleep...not while im gone. If I pick up the item, she instantly knows that she was bad, I dont have to say a word and she will hide in the corner or lay flat in the tub {she cant see me ...I cant see her type thing} Then of course has to come make up with lots of hugs and kisses. Does any one else have this type of issue? I keep her well suppliedin rawhide bones, this has helped some, but still not solving the issue ( she is 18 mos ).....any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecated

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
She's smelling the food in your clothes and shoes and wanting to chew them can't blame her she's a dog ! Put them in a hamper not where she can get them . If my hubby and son leave their socks on the floor by by ...they go and get chewedand they go outside too
I have a doggie door .... My socks don't because they are in a hamper ! shoe's are put up where they can't get them if they are in the shoe mood ... being that they like to chew them . They are just like kids you need to put up what you don't want them to have if you can't watch them . My twins are 14 months old now and don't bother shoe's at all now . T/G socks are another deal !

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If she keeps going for the same things all the time,you have to move them.

I had to Elwood proof my place,because I know he gets into trouble if I don't.

Donna

·
Registered
258 Posts
This isnt really about a rottie but at one time we had a purebread yorkshire /terrier who loved my wifes shoes and only hers. Once she bought a new pair,,brought them home,,set them on the chair to take her coat off, went right over to get them and Rascal already had one of them and was starting to chew on it. This was in a matter of minutes. After a while he just outgrew the urge and left them alone

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
OK here's one to ...It's been 20ty yrs ago. I used to have a Afghan hound a black one ( he was so smart he acted dumb ) would NOT own another one thats for sure ...but anyway he at one time chewed every pair of shoes I owned !!!Every pair had teeth marks in them . I would were them and people would say oh he got another pair I see ....He would open the closet doors and get them out ! I had to put them up on the shelf in the closet so he couldn't get them ...He also slept in my bath tub ...
I guess he liked the coolness of it . What a piece of work he was !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only my shoes that Roxy bothers too, mainly my work shoes{smell like food}, & my bras, doesn't matter if they are new or not
,&doesn't bother my daughters, figure that....lol {they both work in resturants too}. When we lived in south carolina, I would give roxy ice in her water, loved that, and lots of mornings would find her sleeping in the tub or on top of the air conitioner { talk aout an air hog}lol. She used to have a thing for toilet paper to, had to put it up every day/night or i would find it shreaded all over the place..lol

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My twins have chewed up a whole 6 pack of triple thick charman toilet tissue ! talk about a mess
I wasn't home but my kids where and they weren't paying attention to what the twins where doing ... They thought they were sleeping because were very very quiet
I told them thats your first clue they are up to something ( they were about 5 months old at the time) ... I came home and and looked up the steps and knew they chewed up some but not the whole 6 pack ! I didn't think there could be so much paper
I call them the terrible twins ....but you got to love those faces !!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
You could try a kong, Shy started chewing things when I started working longer hours over christmas but since we got a kong she hasnt touched anything since. Its black rubber thing for chewing (rotty proof!) and you stuff it full of goodies, I get meat paste, weeboxits called but even cheese, sausage anything, make it so she would rather have a kong full of good things to eat rather than food smelling clothes

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do they have these in the US ? They sound great!!!! Would they have them at Petsmart? I think there is one not to far from here? Crossing my fingers....she hasnt chewed anything in about 2 weeks now

·
Registered
253 Posts
I dont know if you have them in the US, I think so, I bought it from a pets at home store and I thought they were an american shop. You can buy them on Ebay though, so even if you had to get them shipped you can still get them.

My two love theirs, I have a friend who is afraid of dogs and they are great for keeping them calm and entertained while she visits, their noses and tongues dont leave the kongs the entire time she is here!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
denini , go to pet smart they have kongs in all sizes and shapes ...my pups love them !

·
Registered
253 Posts
The recommended one for rotts is the king kong, black in colour, also the biggest red one, looks enormous till you place it next to your dog!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts