Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my pups ear set. She is 6 months old and her hears do not always lay forward and close to her head. I have tried taping with some success and I was wondering if when she gets older, will they naturally set properly?

You can see the difference in the two photos.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
WOW!!! Those were certainly some fly away ears! So glad that her ear set is looking better. Correct ears make their head look so much better. If she were my dog I would continue to tape them. Her left ear looks like it wants to curl up. What method of taping did you do? Some people do the 'taco' method, and some just tape the end of the tape at the end of each ear and it goes under the chin. Did you ask your breeder about methods of taping? She is growing nicely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm using the taco method and then folding down to create the crease. It seems like she holds her ears back alot but when out she perks up. I haven't asked the breeder about it but I'll reach out today. I think if I tape for a few days on and off as she gets bigger it will correct, she just turned 7months yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
Yes....a few days off and on for taping. It does not have to be for long stretches. She's getting her big molars at this age...and the ears do get wonky. It also is good to massage the ears down, and into the place you want them to be. Plus they seem to enjoy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts