Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just wondering....are any of you going to the Colonial Rottweiler Club Specialty in Lancaster Pa early May? I will be there and just thought that if some of you are going we could all meet up! Just a thought!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Way to far, at this time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way to far, at this time.
Awe, that's a shame, was hoping maybe you would be going! I am looking forward to it; it will be my first dog show!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Last time I went (in 2008) the entries were very small and NO vendors at all. Honestly, it was a boring show except for it being all rotties, all day! If I'm spending $35 per dog per entry, plus hotels gas and food, I want lots of vendors and other stuff to occupy my free time :)

We had 2 dogs entered in 2 Rally Obedience classes on each each day - that's $140 in entry fees, plus $150-200 in gas, $100+ for food, and $400 for hotel = about $800 for two days!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last time I went (in 2008) the entries were very small and NO vendors at all. Honestly, it was a boring show except for it being all rotties, all day! If I'm spending $35 per dog per entry, plus hotels gas and food, I want lots of vendors and other stuff to occupy my free time :)

We had 2 dogs entered in 2 Rally Obedience classes on each each day - that's $140 in entry fees, plus $150-200 in gas, $100+ for food, and $400 for hotel = about $800 for two days!
OUCH! That's a lot of money. I can get vendor info for you if you are interested in going this year. Are you a CRC member by chance RottiMom?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Not a member of any clubs. Way too much infighting and political crap amongst members - been there, done that - ain't gonna do it again :)

I don't have any reason to go - no dogs competing, no interest in spending all that money to watch dogs when there are dog shows every other month in MA - 90 minutes away :) with better vendors!

First year I went (10 years ago) there were lots of vendors. I knew lots of folks there when we went in 2008 so it was a social trip as well...but event-wise, not worth it any more.

Reactions: Skullzz

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a member of any clubs. Way too much infighting and political crap amongst members - been there, done that - ain't gonna do it again :)

I don't have any reason to go - no dogs competing, no interest in spending all that money to watch dogs when there are dog shows every other month in MA - 90 minutes away :) with better vendors!

First year I went (10 years ago) there were lots of vendors. I knew lots of folks there when we went in 2008 so it was a social trip as well...but event-wise, not worth it any more.
Ah ok...I am new to the "club" scene. I joined the CRC and applied to the ARC. I think it would be of benefit for me at the stage that I am at right now. This is all new and I need all the help I can get. I have always had rescues but REALLY want to learn to show the breed. Next spring/summer I hope to purchase a show quality puppy so I have a year to learn as much as I can. I have selected a couple of breeders I wouldn't mind a puppy from. I am going to do tracking with my girl Shyloh. We are starting to train her now but I can't do anything until I get her PAL which won't be until next July. She has to be spayed for a PAL and I do not want to do that until she is 2 years old. She is doing very well at it so far.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Don't wait until puppy is a year old - find a handler (hopefully through your breeder) and get that puppy in the ring as soon as you can....

I learned a ton from just regular folks at dog shows and friends who show (that I met at shows or classes) than I could ever hope through joining a club - breed specific or any other club :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't wait until puppy is a year old - find a handler (hopefully through your breeder) and get that puppy in the ring as soon as you can....

I learned a ton from just regular folks at dog shows and friends who show (that I met at shows or classes) than I could ever hope through joining a club - breed specific or any other club :)
Oh no, I meant I have a year from now until I purchase the puppy to learn how to show him/her. I can use Shyloh for practice lol. I will start with the puppy the day he/she comes home!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I realize this thread is from last years CRC Specialty but was wondering if anyone is attending this year? I plan on going, hopefully my time off from work is approved or my boy will be going without me. ugh

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize this thread is from last years CRC Specialty but was wondering if anyone is attending this year? I plan on going, hopefully my time off from work is approved or my boy will be going without me. ugh
Yep, I will be there again this year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts