Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female rottie who loves to eat grass and dig holes in it. I just got the back yard relandscaped so Im trying to figure out a way to stop her from digging it up.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
dogs dig if they are bored.Don't leave her out to long alone.

As for eating grass lots of mine do.some get sick after some just like to eat grass.

Donna

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I dont mind her eating the grass its the digging up the grass that I want to stop. I dont leave her out long alone at all. She will go out and go to the bathroom and then go straight for digging the grass?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I have 2 brats that like to dig ! I think they do it just to tick me off ..
I fill in a whole they dig another ! they have several at that ! they watch me fill them in like to say going to just dig it out again
my problem is I have a doggie door so they can go in and out as they please . They do it more in the winter because they are bored . I get lazy in the winter months here brrrrrr !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ours eats grass and digs up the sod too!!! What is it with them? She did it in the summer and fall, and now in the winter also?!?! My husband and I were just watching her. She seems to go for the same couple of spots. Who knows?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's a trick I use, try putting your dogs poo in the hole they won't dig in that spot anymore. BUT, it's not a perfect fix, mine just move to a new spot to dig and nothing stops them from hunting moles
darn little fury buggers

·
Registered
102 Posts
adam856 said:
Here's a trick I use, try putting your dogs poo in the hole they won't dig in that spot anymore. BUT, it's not a perfect fix, mine just move to a new spot to dig and nothing stops them from hunting moles
darn little fury buggers
I did the same thing. Sucks though, when I was backing up my trailer my truck drove thru it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts