Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone, I am planning on getting a Rottweiler. But I have one question. Do Rottweilers shed a lot? I asked the same question to one of my friends who referred me to her blog .But, I feel I should have a poll in this forum. I request Rottweiler owners to please share their thoughts. I can ask my friend to register your experiences on her blog with your permission (of course).

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Yes, Rottweilers do shed. If hair and drool bother you....then get another breed. You don't really need a poll. Anyone that has a Rottweiler will tell you that you will have hair around the house.

Reactions: RizRaz92

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
They are double coated and usually they heavy shed is spring and fall. They shed a small amount of hair every day. It depends on what climate you live in, and what the dogs diet is. An undercoat rake is your friend.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It sort of depends on your definition of "a lot". It also depends on your personal tolerance level. I used to be fairly anal about not wanting hair everywhere, but now that I'm older and wiser (and maybe a little lazier), hair and drool seems a small price to pay for the love and devotion of these big rascals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's really not that much day to day compared to some other breeds. Get them used to being vacuumed at a young age. Mine think it's a treat and love to see the wet/dry vac come out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are now enjoying our second Rottie. I bought the "war department" a shark, robot vacuum. We don't notice shedding at all. Until you empty the bin! Not like the German Shepard or Irish Wolfhound we used to have. Now that is some shedding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts