Rottweilers Online Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh ya!! That stuff smells awful. The dogs love it though. I was having a hard time getting it a few years back. I always keep a few cans of tripe in case I get a picky eater while boarding with me. No dog can refuse tripe...lol
The only one I found at petsmart was a Green beef tripe from a can. But its cooked and has potatoes and salt in it. So I'll probably have to order by the pound online or something. I want it to be raw.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I grabbed my rottie from a friend who bred his AKC registered Rottweilers. Now, I did get him on a major discount(because I knew him from highschool). I just wanted to know from the community if my rottweiler looks like a German Rottweiler. His name is Huza, and he just turned 9 months, and is intact(I'm not going to fix, I believe these dogs should die how they were born). He's about 85 lbs, and he went through his lanky stage at 4-6 months, but now he is looking really bulky. He is on a 100% raw meat diet, since he was 3.5 months. I run him early in the morning on my jog 3 days out of the week. I plan on putting a weighted vest when he turns 1.5 years on my runs and hikes. I want him to be at peak physical condition for as long as possible. His pops was naturally built, and my friend rarely walked him, so I'm hoping I can build on that with Huza. He has great temperament, gets along with other dogs and people good. He is starting to mark everything when we go on walks, and I mean everything! He doesn't mark in the house though, I'm strict on discipline. Any advice on what I'm doing with him, and any tips for a pup his age?

These are my most recent pics and a video of him:

Video: Huza
He looks awesome. Good Luck with him. I'm sure some experts here will advise you on the amount of exercise he needs at this stage. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think he will naturally grow into the dog you imagine. I initially got Trex to do competitions, but unfortunately life got in the way. However, when I was getting him ready for this, the trainer told me that I needed to excerise him for two hours, then train him for another hour everyday. It was obviously a lot of work, but it definitely seemed to change his overall physique. Either way, Rotties are amazing dogs and I can’t wait to see how your puppy evolves 😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update: 9 months and looking fit, I think he looks pretty proportional for his age.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts