Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 80 degrees today. Max seems to NOT like the HEAT. Everytime it get a tad warm you can see it. The other dogs I have had did not seem to mind the heat. Is it just him or all Rotts like this?

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Apollo doesnt seem to do well in the heat either. I have heard because they are black, they are more prone to heat stroke so is best to keep them out of the hottest part of the day. Or ya could follow him around with an umbrella and a water bottle
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah mine don't like it either! they would just as well lay in front of the vents with the central air and not move when it's that hot out!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
It is not a breed that does well in either extreem.They like it nice a cozy.Mine look at me like I'm crazy when I make them go out to potty during the hottest part of the day.They go and then run for the door,to see who can make it in first.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
When we all go outside they go right for the shade and mind you I don't have much shade in the yard , I took out all the trees several years ago ....I have leopard grass they hide it ....I think you guys have seen them laying in it ! I have a doggie door so they can come and go as they please but they don't really go out unless I'm out or if they need to potty .....they stay inside with the air !!! It's been in the 90tys here for awhile now and the humidty has been awfull ......so we play inside all 4 ....play ring around the dining room table

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I've been spraying my babies off everyday ....they love it ! got them a swimming pool ...only Rhea and Kitty got in ........the boys were scared .......
go figure ....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mine don't like the heat either. We are putting fans on the outside of their pens so when they are out there while I work they can have breeze. But both would rather be in the a/c with mom.
In the fall is when I can't get Dallas to come in. She thinks she should get to play till winter sets in. And ya'll wonder why we call her Silly Dilly.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

It was a nice day yesterday, and gonna get more of the same today. I think they said a high of 75. I can take Apollo for a walk now without the poor baby panting.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sounds like ya'll had a good day!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
It's in the 80's here nice breeze and no humidity.Dogs are out side injoying the weather.

Oh I remember Florida,Great place to grow up as a kid.Got to play out side all the time.(that was back in the late 60's .

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Geez I didn't get to enjoy any of the good weather today, had to work all day!

·
Registered
150 Posts
*ponders* It was sunny outside and why are y'all are inside playin' on this thing?.. haha.. Only bad thing out was the skeeters.

Wasn't too bad today for us , we took the dogs with us over to Scott's aunts house so they got to play in the yard with her german shep & rotti mix. Then his two little cousins decided to soak Kiarah down in water from the little blow up pool they filled up for the day. So Kiarah was a cooled down happy camper and tried to jump into the pool. So I guess in a week or two we're gonna break down and buy her and Chip (our mutt) a plastic pool of their own.

But

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.