Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog Hank was being walked off leash at the dog park. Two dogs were play fighting and Hank jumped in. One of the large dogs snapped at Hank. Hank bit him and now that dog's owner has a $1200 vet bill for 2 little bites the size of a quarter each. We have to pay it, or do we have grounds to say that we'll pay part of the bill.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
So sorry that Hank bit another dog. Hank bit the dog, and you must pay. Now you know that he cannot be trusted around other dogs that are play fighting. I would not be taking a Rottweiler to the dog park...it's just not the place for this breed. Owning this breed you must be way more cautious and diligent about what dogs he is around.
It's an expensive lesson to learn. Also vet costs have gone crazy in Canada...that bill seems high....but not over high.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so much for your help. Between Bailey and Hank, I've gone to that dog park with a rottweiler or 2 with no problems. Such a shock to not go any more. I understand. Paid $1300 today, now know, no more dog parks. Thanks,
BBD, I will never go back... My babies got better places to go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts