Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I play frisbee with my Lex, I kinda feel tired because in the park, all I have to do is throw it many times. Sometime, he plays other games but he is too unpredictable. I am not sure what I should. Is visiting a vet good idea???

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question?? Do you mean when you play Frisbee in the park, he gets tired? or is he bored of bringing the Frisbee back?
Rottweilers are not retrievers....almost all of the Rottweilers that I have owned, and fostered through the years....would bring the ball back 3-4 times, and they were done. They just got bored with it. Also I would not encourage a Rottweiler to be chasing after a Frisbee....the jump, and twisting to catch it, can cause them to rupture a cruciate tendon in the back legs. They are just not built, or made to be jumping up into the air.

If you feel your Rottweiler is tired out before you think he should be...then there could be health problems. They do not do well in warm weather...and should not be exercising in even cooler weather if it's humid. If you think he should be seen by the vet, have them check out his heart. Rottweilers are prone to SAS.. a genetic problem.

Give us more info, and maybe we can help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts