Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's acouple of recipes I make for my babies they love them !!
<DIV>
<H2>Breakfast Bars</H2>
<H4></H4>

I love this recipe because it makes a lot & it's so easy, you just throw everything into the bowl, mix & pat onto 2 greased cookie sheets, no rolling or cookie cutters.
<UL>
<LI>12 c. oatmeal
<LI>4 c. whole wheat flour
<LI>>8 eggs
<LI>3/4 c. oil
<LI>2/3 c. honey
<LI>1/2 c. molasses
<LI>2 c. milk
<LI>1 large can solid pack pumpkin (optional)
<LI>3 to 4 mashed bananas (optional) </LI>[/list]

Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 cookie sheets

Dump everything into a VERY large bowl. Mix this whole mess together (I use my hands, AFTER I take my rings off, another story), pat onto greased cookie sheets & bake at 325 for 1 hour. After 1 hour turn oven off, crack oven door & allow cookies to cool in oven. Break into whatever size you want (mine like LARGE).

These freeze really well. My guys love these, they sit in front of the oven waiting. Make sure you keep a eye on them they can burn with all the honey and molasses and if your oven is too hot !
<DIV>
<H2>Kitty'sFavorite Treats</H2>

Store in the refrigerator or in the freezer as these can go moldy if left at room temperature for very long.

<UL>
<LI>1 cup rolled oats
<LI>1/3 cup margarine or butter
<LI>1 cup boiling water
<LI>3/4 cup cornmeal
<LI>1 tablespoon sugar
<LI>2 teaspoons chicken or beef instant bullion
<LI>1/2 cup milk
<LI>4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese ( 1 cup)
<LI>1 egg, beaten
<LI>2 cups white or wheat flour </LI>[/list]

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl combone rolled oats, margarine and water; let stand for 10 minutes. Sitr in cornmeal, sugar, boullion, milk,cheese and egg. Mix well. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form stiff dough.

On floured surface, knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and no longer sticky, 3 to 4 minutes. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Store loosely covered. Makes 3 1/2 dozen large biscuits. </DIV>
<DIV>
<H2>Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits</H2>
<UL>
<LI>1 ½ cups water
<LI>½ cup oil
<LI>2 eggs
<LI>3 tablespoons peanut butter
<LI>2 tsp. vanilla
<LI>2 cups flour
<LI>½ cup cornmeal
<LI>½ cup oats </LI>[/list]

Blend wet ingredients together. Whisk dry ingredients together and mix into wet mixture to form a ball of dough. ( keep adding 1 cup at a time of flour or cornmeal till it forms a ball ) Roll out and shape. Put onto a non-stick cookie tray or lightly greased one. Cook 20 minutes at 400 F. Turn off oven and allow the biscuits to cool in oven until crisp and hard. Store in airtight container..... I put extra peanut butter in these also ....</DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hey Kitty... I made the Breakfast Bars yesterday with a can of pumpkin.

Ruby absolutely loves them!!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear it ! I have to make a batch tomorrow were out ! and they don't like that at all ....spoilded brats
Jess aren't they easy to make or what !

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like I could eat those
. Gotta be better than some of the diners I get

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually you could eat them ! These recipes don't have any liver or stuff like that in them ....and I have ...well tasted them anyway
not to bad at all ! the peanut butter biscuits I add more peanut butter to them wasn't enough in there for my liking
Jess did you taste em ?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I don't cook for myself so cooking for the dogs is out.

Stephanie gets that bug up her but once in a while and she bakes cookies for the dogs and little muffens for the birds.

I just got to Mickie D's for treats.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harley's Mama , here are a few recipe's I make my pups ....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Harley's Mama, rememberIf you make the Breakfast Bars watch them when you bake them with the honey and molasses in them they will burn ! especially if you have dark pans , I went and bought large foil ones that you can buy in the store they seem to work the best .....Your Harley will love them !!! With you only having Harley freeze them because these one's will go moldy fast ...

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ross, here is the post about the dogie cookies..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kitty, Jett loved the peanut butter biscuits and they were so simple to make..Thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your quite welcome Jett, glad your pup liked them........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kitty (or anyone who has made the Breakfast Bars):

You refrigerate these, right? I'm going to put some of them in the freezer for later and the rest in the fridge (if that's how they're supposed to be stored). Oh, and how long do they usually last?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You put them in the fridge, or the freezer for later. All my puppers love em!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts