Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen the new show on Netflix called Dogs? I saw the trailer and had to stop myself from immediately being emotional 馃槀馃槀 I think 1 episode is about a service dog, another about a man trying help his dog get out of Syria, another about working dogs, and dog sanctuaries. All about an hour I think. I鈥檓 working up the nerve to watch it without wanting to absolutely sob about how amazing dogs are 馃槀

Registered
Sometimes I wonder, how actually people do the crossbreed. Do they put different breed together and let them mating or do the thing until new puppy come out. Any suggestion for video documentary or TVshow to watch?

Super Moderator
Sometimes I wonder, how actually people do the crossbreed. Do they put different breed together and let them mating or do the thing until new puppy come out. Any suggestion for video documentary or TVshow to watch?
Crossbreeds, mixes, mutts....whatever you want to call them....are everywhere. Look at any shelter. The new 'crossbreed' is anything mixed with a poodle. Uneducated people are buying them like hotcakes...and paying top dollar for them. They never come from an ethical breeder....and I know of no ethical breeder that would produce a crossbreed. It just is not done in the dog world....unless it's for some purpose other than to make money. Some agility people will mix breeds to get more speed,etc. but most of those mixes can be found in shelters and rescues.

If you want a well bred dog, you start with an ethical breeder....if you want a dog and don't care about standards and pedigree...then adopt from a shelter or rescue. No need to buy from puppy farmers, puppy mills, or BYB's.

Registered
Thank you for your advice. I'm just a newbie when talking about this issue. There are so many weird breeds and I only know the popular ones only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts