Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, we have two beautiful Rotties, both rescues, and both have severe elbow dysplasia. The pup has had surgery but our older girl is considered too old and has other health issues which make it a bad idea. My question is has anyone had any experience with leg braces for supporting the front legs in a situation like this?

·
Super Moderator
1,321 Posts
So sorry to hear that both of your dogs suffer from elbow dysplasia. It is common to the breed and why ethical breeders have their breeding dogs elbows, along with hips health certified. It's a painful condition and an expensive surgery to try to fix. Glad that your younger dog has had surgery, and is well. I do not know of any brace that can help with ED. Is your dog on any pain medication? or supplements?? How old is the dog?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry to hear that both of your dogs suffer from elbow dysplasia. It is common to the breed and why ethical breeders have their breeding dogs elbows, along with hips health certified. It's a painful condition and an expensive surgery to try to fix. Glad that your younger dog has had surgery, and is well. I do not know of any brace that can help with ED. Is your dog on any pain medication? or supplements?? How old is the dog?
Thank you, yes she is on panadol as others gave her stomach issues, we also give her green lip mussel powder, she is about 7 although we are not exactly sure

·
Super Moderator
1,321 Posts
You may want to try some other supplements...like Cosequin or Glycoflex, etc. These have the combination of supplements that seem to help with HD or ED. Has your vet tried Adequan injections? It does seems to help with some dogs, or cold laser therapy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts