Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I am furious! I took Apollo out in the yard, and he was playing when the neighbor across the street let her dog out who tends to rush people, and growl and snap at them. She made no effort to keep him in her yard (her yard is fenced but she keeps the gate open)and he ran straight across the street, rushed our fence and started barking and growling at Apollo. The neighbor apparently thinks this is funny because she started laughing and made no effort to come and get him. Apollo to his credit just stood there in a very alert stance with his tail up, but he never growled or barked or anything. After I made her come get her dog he went right back to playing like nothing happened but what I am afraid of is if the dog keeps rushing the fence at Apollo is my puppy going to start picking up these signs of aggression, and maybe eventually act aggressive toward other dogs? People like that just burn my a**! I can't believe how irresponsible people can be with their animals. This same woman laughs when her dog charges people on bikes or kids walking down the street. When this dog finally bites someone they will blame the dog not the woman who encouraged this behavior. If I keep socializing Apollo can I avoid this kind of thing? I want to be able to take him for walks and not have to worry about him confronting other dogs.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If the dog keeps rushing the fence your puppy will also. Make sure you reward for just standing there and doing nothing.If he does rush the other correct him and praise for just standing there quietly.

Puppy class would be great way to socialize.He should be in one now.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Do you have a leash law where your at ? if so report her .... they will site her (hopefully )then maybe she won't let her dog run a muck ......if it was your dog I'm sure they wouldn't like it a bit !!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hear, hear I second that!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

She's only gotten a warning in the past. I beleve it is because her dog is a fuzzy golden/lab mix dog. If my Apollo were to get out, probably the whole street would be calling on me because he is a rott. Her dog looks harmless, but reacts aggressively to everyone. When he was a puppy she laughed when he did the lunging, play growl, thing. Now he is a mature dog who believes he has every right to show his teeth and growl at everyone, its not playing anymore. He even charged a man walking around our neighborhood from the church, causing the man to have to jump a fence landing head first on the other side to get away from him. She laughed until she realized the man was hurt, shes lucky he didn't press charges. I live in the city so there is aleash law, but the problem is when you call by the time they get there the dog is either gone and she won't answer the door, or he's back in the yard. They have to catch them in the act.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Not here you don't ! If your reported you get 1 warning the next time it's a fine ... you should report her ! and every time you see someone else being harrased tell them to report her ....even give them the phone number to do so ! She will get the message !To keep your dog in toe ....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Your right! I'm going to make it my personal mission to see that that dog stays in its yard. He has charged and grabbed kids bikes before, I would hate to see a child get hit by a car trying to avoid her dog.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
oh great a Golden/Doodle.Call everytime you can it's the only way to get her dog under control.It will make her see that the law applays to her also.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
And once again I agree wholeheartedly keep calling everytime until they get the point and are forced to do something to make her keep her dog in line.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmm , I wonder if a video camera taping this would be enough evidence to prove what this dogis doing and get a closeup of her laughing as well as the dog snarling showing teeth ESPECIALLY if it's a kid on a bike..Other then that , just do as you said and make it a personal mission to pass the number outeven to the kids 'cuz they usually go home and tell their parents also write the ladys address on the paper so they got it as well. 'cuzdepending on the extent ofthe dogs actions it may leave someoneseverely traumatized and I doubt they'll want to turn back to grab a house number.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

She just moved out this past week, and its been really nice and quiet around here. Alot of the kids that go by still walk on my side of the street, they havent realized the dog is gone yet. I think she is renting the house to one of her nieces, I saw one of them over there yesterday. I dont know if they have any dogs, but Im happy to see Casper is gone. I was afraid he would cause a child to get hit by a car trying to avoid him or would eventually bite someone so I wasnt sorry to see him go.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah, well glad to hear your neighbor hood isn't being terrorized any more!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So am I -I don't have to worry about her dog rushing Apollo anymore
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
That is good news!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Let your dog teach your neighbor's dog a lesson. JOKE let me stop.

Ya just report it to the law enforcement or try talking to your neighbor. If not I'll do it for you hehe.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Miss Scarlet , I have the same problem here ...a new neighbor bought the house off of my back yard , they have a jack russel he's cute as a button BUT when they let him out a barking he comes and rushing his fence . They have a chain link , I have a privicy, we are seperated by a small ally way. My dogs go nuts at my fence , I always go out and call them in and praise them for doing so but I have yet to hear the neighbor say a word to their dog !!! The neighbor who lived their before had a dog and my dogs just loved him ( so did I ) I gave him snacks all the time , but this dog is a trip !!! I have made it my purpose to NOT have my dogs bark and jump at my fence . It's going to time but hey I have it !!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yeah, its been really nice and quiet around here now
</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.