Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the country in the fall! Very nice pictures, Martha!:eek: I love, love, love, the cool crisp mornings and the smell of wood burning in the fireplace. I love your sunset picture, it is awesome!:cool:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jan, Thank you. This is the most beautiful time of the year in both of our areas of the country. The air smells great and the leaves crunch when we walk thru them. The night sky is brilliant. The pictures was of a sunrise actually. I woke up very early one morning and saw the sky turning red so I quick grabbed the camera before I even had a cup of coffee!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Fall is my favorite time of year....and the time I miss most "back home". Here in FL...it means we finally get to turn off the A/C and open the windows. Normally (growing up) it meant Squirrel hunting with my Uncle, pre-scouting for deer....and Perch fishing in Lake Erie....waiting for October 1st for Bow season for deer.
Thanks for a trip down memory lane....maybe next year I will be able to return for 2 weeks of fall/hunting.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ken, I'm sure that by this time next year you will have your freezer full of venison! My brother and nephew came out turkey hunting earlier this year and got some really nice Toms. A friend of ours went out bow hunting yesterday, but didn't get anything. Our property is full of widlife, lots of deer, squirrels, turkeys, etc. Unfortunately, my husband is not a hunter! :(

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ken, I'm sure that by this time next year you will have your freezer full of venison! My brother and nephew came out turkey hunting earlier this year and got some really nice Toms. A friend of ours went out bow hunting yesterday, but didn't get anything. Our property is full of widlife, lots of deer, squirrels, turkeys, etc. Unfortunately, my husband is not a hunter! :(
Thanks Jan, I/we "hail" from NW Ohio....so that's still home to me ....memories of trips to the "UP" with Dad...Pike fishing on Drummond Island...big old "mossy oak" Bucks out in the cornfields after being picked...picking corn...waiting on the tractor with the .410's....to pull the last row so we could stock up on rabbit...always fond memories from younger years....and synonymous with "fall". Makes me want to book a trip right now....someday we hope to call the Midwest home again....hopefully with some acreage. Right now I get to dream about it....but it's not bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts