Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 14 month old rottie never used to fart she has just come in season and she wont stop fartin they stink and are loud is this normall?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Flatulence has little to do with coming into season. Have you recently switched foods, introduced a new treat?? Flatulence is buildup of gas in the digestive system and is perfectly normal...has nothing to do with gender or being in season - although I think my girls 'out fart' the boys <LOL>!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Perfectly normal unfortunately. . . . . get used to it :0) A Rottweiler can definitely clear a room! When I go to bed early and close the door (Chevy's always wherever I am), my husband says when he opens the door, the entire bedroom smells like Chevy's A*%.

Different foods do make a big difference though, I know when Chevy has cheese they are worse than usual. I also happen to give him MSM (sulfur) which makes his worse as well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
eewww, Jakesmom.

I am very fortunate that my two dont have bad gas. But when I gave them both raw pork.....wow. I tear up thinking about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Haha, Mya doesn't have the farting gas problem to often (thank goodness) although like the rest when she does, a room can clear very quickly lol. She does though almost after every good supper meal come over and sit or lay down, within a few minutes there's a big burp ha ha.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
This morning when I got up the house smelled really bad and I thought I guess the new type of TOTW made with lamb didn't control the pups gas problem and then we noticed our old husky had an accident in her crate. She has never had an accident but today she did but she is getting very old so it wasn't the dog food.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
my best wishes for your husky too martha.

on the subject of gas, yep, as most people wrote, get prepared for frequent and smelly flatulence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts