Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i have a 9 week old puppy, when we brought him home the breeder had him on scrambled eggs for breakfast, kibble and poached chicken and raw food diet, i have found he cant eat the scrambled eggs quick enough, but he wont eat the raw food or the kibble at all, he likes the Chicken, i have tried adding wet food to the kibble but just not interested so i know he is not eating the amount he should be, any help please.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Often when they come home from the breeders their appetite is off. They are used to eating with some competition of other puppies around them. I would stop with all the add- ons and poached chicken, raw, etc. for now. Your puppy should be eating a high quality Large Breed Puppy kibble. They usually don't eat much at 9 weeks of age. 3/4 of a cup of kibble three times per day should be fine. You can add a scrambled egg (divide one egg and use it for his three feedings), or spoonful of plain full fat yogurt mixed into the kibble. Put the food down...give the pup 15 minutes to eat....and if pup has not eaten it....take it away till the next meal. You are going to create a finicky picky puppy if you start with all of the "goodies". No healthy pup will starve themselves with food in front of them. Use the kibble for training also, and reward. Once the puppy is eating well and regularly...if you want to do one raw meal that's fine...but don't make yourself a short-order cook for the pup. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts