Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband said a dog took Agis’s ball this morning at the park across the street while Toby had his back turned picking up poop. There’s a group of dogs that go there every morning and one of those dogs took it. Agis always ignores them as he's focused on fetch.

The owner threw the ball to give it back and his dog and Agis took off after it and collided head to head. My husband said he could hear it. Agis seemed fine (too excited about the ball to really let him see if he’d lost any teeth).

The other dog my husband said seemed a bit out of it. Once Agis is relaxed I’ll check him over again. Doggy concussion?

Agis has a pretty solid head. I doubt he lost teeth (he kept playing fetch, though, he's got good ball drive) and he doesn't seem concussed (I do wonder about the other dog).

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
Poor Agis :( , and the other dog.:confused: I've had that happen with my boarding dogs....and always worried that they were harmed....but they always seemed to be fine after. I think their skulls are pretty tough? Just watch for a soft bump or lump developing on the skull. I've seen hematomas develop (pocket of blood)...they usually self absorb after awhile. If they dogs were about the same size, build they should be fine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I checked his teeth - okay - pupils - normal. Just looked for bumps that may have developed since I last checked him and don't see anything. Whew!

Toby said the other dog seemed a little dazed. Hopefully it's okay.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we saw the other dog at the park this morning - it was chasing it's ball - clearly it survived despite being a bit out of it after colliding with Agis.

And the boys were all very good, a young girl and boy came over to say hi to all the boys and Agis showed them his ball and Xerxes the Attack Beagle was happy to sniff them. Agis and Xerxes both sometimes were a bit weird when there was still a daycare in the unit next door but I suspect that was narrow quarters in the hall and tension from me? They were good today, in any event, and Neb of course came over because he loves kids and is an old guy who loves soaking up attention.

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
Glad to hear all is well with Agis and the other dog. Sounds like your gang behaved very well with the kids. You should be proud. :)

Reactions: Agis
1 - 5 of 5 Posts