Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my big brave rottweiler is scared of FIRE

not sure if it was the fire or the smoke .....

Yeah my mom caught her kitchen on fire ..... took me almost an hour to convince him to go back into the house ....

didnt want to make him go back in .... so took quite awhile to coax him back ....

he knew she was hurt but i think the black smoke was too much for him .....

when she collapsed he wouldnt let the firemen or the emt's near her ...

i hope nothing happens to me .... cause i gonna die there .... he is VERY protective .....

GREAT animal ... just got me wondering now .... he wont let anyone near us .... not even in an emergency ......

what should I do ......

maybe get another dog ..... then he might follow its lead ????

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A fire ? Thats not good news. Hope you all are okay anddidn't get any serious damage.

Tiny was very over protective on me too. I never could stop him from acting that way. When he died he must have felt very fulfilled to know that he did all he could to protect me right to the end. Sorry I can't help you. I sure do miss that big over protective bully

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Dan , I hope your Mom is ok!!! What happened ? How did the fire start ?

I think Sampson is just doing his job protecting you and your Mom, and there's nothing you can do about it . I think all mine would be the same way too ! You keep saying your going to get a new pup well here's your chance or should I say excuse
now go and get Sampson a sister !!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
thats the way they are.A lady got in a big crash with her van.The dog a Rottweiler drug her out and would not let anyone near her.This was aquite a few years ago.Not sure how they got to her,but that is their job to save us even if they are not really saving us.

Hope everyone is okay.

Donna

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fire.. Hope all is ok... Never wish that on anyone....Don't think gettinganother pup wil definatelychange that. It may even end up with two protective ones. Sampson was doing his job and I just love that trait in our furbabies..
Dedication and utmost loyalty...

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my mom is ok ..... the house dint do so well .....

we will be eating out for awhile

Sampson wont leave me alone ...... I think he thinks something is going to happen again ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts