Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this my first time on here, not quite sure how it works? I have a 10 month old female Rotty called Luna. Not sure if I need to be concerned but she hasn’t had her first season yet (to my knowledge?) she weighs in at 36kg is healthy & lively. Should I be worried? Any help or advise would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! She should be due for her first season soon. Your best bet is to ask your breeder what age her dam had her first season. Have you kept in touch with any of the other puppy owners? It's nice to know if any of the other female pups have come into season yet. Some females are earlier...and some a bit later. Usually by 12 months they do. If she does not come into season in the next couple of months..talk to your vet. Sometimes they have cystic ovaries that causes them not to come into season. Plan a vacation or something....and she will come into season then. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone, this my first time on here, not quite sure how it works? I have a 10 month old female Rotty called Luna. Not sure if I need to be concerned but she hasn’t had her first season yet (to my knowledge?) she weighs in at 36kg is healthy & lively. Should I be worried? Any help or advise would be appreciated.
[/QU
When she goes into heat, you'll know it (and so will every intact male dog within a mile). Not something that can be missed. Nothing to worry about before 12 months, give or take. I'm on my 3rd female, and while I had the first spayed prior to 6 months, as was the norm 25 years ago, I've let the last 2 go through their first heat, as is the norm now. They're all exactly the same and completely different.

OTE]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts