Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the one ear on my rottie puppy starting to “flop” a bit more than the other. She turned 13 weeks yesterday (Wednesday). I’m just looking to see if people think she needs it taped or if it’s just part of her growing and teething? Picture on the beanbag is what it looked like today, versus the one on the floor on Monday. Thanks!
Dog Dog breed Wood Carnivore Flooring

Dog Window Dog breed Carnivore Window blind

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
It does look like the ear is starting to "fly". It often starts with teething. The calcium that is needed to form the teeth causes the cartilage in the ear to go wonky. Try to massage the ears and pull them into place...if that does not work then you may have to tape the ears to lay flat. You can do a google search on 'taping Rottweiler ears', or 'taco method of taping Rottweiler ears'. It often does not take too much time for the ears to lay nicely after a taping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Girl ( BERRY ) had the same problem, ear taping could bring a major effect. There are plenty of videos on Youtube to watch about this topic
You can do it by yourself, no need to pay someone. Remember to take a break between the taping period.

Reactions: big black dogs
1 - 5 of 5 Posts