Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we were supposed to be backpacking this weekend. But I have bad blisters from two weekends ago that had not quite healed, and as we were going along yesterday were getting more and more painful. Frontenac Provincial Park, where we were, has multiple intersecting hiking loops, so we readjusted and headed back to the car, making it a day hike with heavier packs haha.

Agis was very well-behaved, as he generally is.

Sky Water Cloud Plant Plant community
Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass
Plant Plant community Tree People in nature Biome
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Plant Tree Sky Natural landscape Branch
Sky Water Cloud Plant Plant community
Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass
Plant Plant community Tree People in nature Biome
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
Plant Tree Sky Natural landscape Branch

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, we were supposed to be backpacking this weekend. But I have bad blisters from two weekends ago that had not quite healed, and as we were going along yesterday were getting more and more painful. Frontenac Provincial Park, where we were, has multiple intersecting hiking loops, so we readjusted and headed back to the car, making it a day hike with heavier packs haha.

Agis was very well-behaved, as he generally is.

View attachment 19057 View attachment 19058 View attachment 19059 View attachment 19060 View attachment 19061 View attachment 19057 View attachment 19058 View attachment 19059 View attachment 19060 View attachment 19061
Looks beautiful

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Nice pictures!! Sorry to hear about your blisters....not fun to have. I've not been up that way but it looks pretty. Have the leaves started changing yet?? Just starting to turn around here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice pictures!! Sorry to hear about your blisters....not fun to have. I've not been up that way but it looks pretty. Have the leaves started changing yet?? Just starting to turn around here.
There was a spot with red leaves on the ground, but the trees were still green (which was odd given the leaves on the ground). It's been so hot still there's not much change. Cool at nights I suppose will help get that right again. It is a pretty area.

The blisters are a pain (literally) - we're to backpack in Algonquin two weeks from now (which I am expecting fall colours for!) a short hike and I am hopefully they'll be better for that. Agis and I are supposed to hike next Sunday with my mom.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pictures and a lot of help from the black dog. He seems to enjoy the pack. Hope you time it right in Algonquin park because there have been horror stories about parking for all the leaf watchers.
Yeah we've been there years in the past and leaving on a Sunday and the line of cars was nuts - kms long to get to gate to check in. We're going to try to leave and get there super early, Algonquin happily no longer requires in-person check in.

You figure, it was nuts years ago - with COVID and everyone discovering the outdoors, I cannot imagine.

Thanks re: pics. He has a 'WHAT IS THIS' when you first put the pack on but Saturday I think it lasted maybe 20m. Then he settles in. He does enjoy it, and he stays outfront which is nice because I can use my poles easily. And he gets to practice his 'gee' and 'haw' directions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts