Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we left at 5;30 am for a 4-H fun match,We took Daphney and little Inga Bear(she just turned 3 months)

Daphney went because a little girl wanted to use her in Obed.

They worked together for about 20 min and then in the ring they went.It wasn't to pretty(as they did not get alot of time to work together),but they were tie with another girl and had a run off and they took second place in there age class(not sure how old she is).I had her work her on and off the rest of the day and she wants to use her in Jr obed at the fair.They will be training now together untill the fair in August.

Stephanie showed Inga in conf(3to 6 month old class) she took Best of Breed(puppy) and a Working Group 1 in her first show.

I showed Daphney in Conformation also and she also took Best of Breed(adult) and a Group 1.

It was a very fun and long day.I think we got back home a little after 5:00.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna, sounds like you had a great time girl !! I'm with Rotty did you take any pics?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I was running around all day talking to dog people I havn't seen in a while.The show was in Manitowoc and I use to belong to their club before I moved.And we didn't take the camera.

I'll try to remember to take the camera next weekend,just for you guys.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
SAounds like you have a very full dog, I can think of at lest 3 that went to bed soon after getting home.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah like they said.....Bring on the Pics!
Glad ya had fun!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We got home did a quick mail check and then all four of us too a nap.

It sounds like I could be Judging there next year.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Thats really cool-the whole thing with Daphney and the little girl. I bet it was a lot of fun to watch. It would be great to see some pics as I've never seen anything like that before. Sounds like everybody had a good time.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She will be training with Daphney now on Thrusdays.And she will be using her in August at the fair.I will make sure I take pictures at the fair.I have to hide since Daphney is always looking for me.(I don't know why I beat her every day).

She is such a mommys baby.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

What all would you be judging? Would it be just a specific group?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
656 Posts

Just because you try to cheat to win, doesnt mean Donna does. She's by the book, like any good judge
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't get nervous any more.People are going to be mad no matter what you pick.I pick the best dog on that day.I don't care if I know the person or not.

Some Judges pick people and not dogs.So I tell everyone I don't .I can sleep at night knowing I did the best job,not that I picked some crappy dog just because the person showing is my friend.

Besides I've been showing for 15 years so I know alot of people and their dogs.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

What would you consider the most important trait to look for when judging a dog?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like a dog that looks like it's breed and looks like it could do the job it was bred for.I like movement also.

Straight front ,rear,good top line,nice head, good teeth,right eye color,ear set,coat.There is so much more then just looking at the dogs.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sounds like it's exhausting work!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is I don't like Judging to much.Once or twice a year is good for me.This year I think I will have Judged only 6 times.Thats alot for me.I would much rather be showing and training.

Donna

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.