Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fun match

9K views 51 replies 7 participants last post by  rutylr 
#1 ·
Yesterday we left at 5;30 am for a 4-H fun match,We took Daphney and little Inga Bear(she just turned 3 months)

Daphney went because a little girl wanted to use her in Obed.

They worked together for about 20 min and then in the ring they went.It wasn't to pretty(as they did not get alot of time to work together),but they were tie with another girl and had a run off and they took second place in there age class(not sure how old she is).I had her work her on and off the rest of the day and she wants to use her in Jr obed at the fair.They will be training now together untill the fair in August.

Stephanie showed Inga in conf(3to 6 month old class) she took Best of Breed(puppy) and a Working Group 1 in her first show.

I showed Daphney in Conformation also and she also took Best of Breed(adult) and a Group 1.

It was a very fun and long day.I think we got back home a little after 5:00.

Donna

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
No I was running around all day talking to dog people I havn't seen in a while.The show was in Manitowoc and I use to belong to their club before I moved.And we didn't take the camera.

I'll try to remember to take the camera next weekend,just for you guys.

Donna

Discussion starter · #10 ·
She will be training with Daphney now on Thrusdays.And she will be using her in August at the fair.I will make sure I take pictures at the fair.I have to hide since Daphney is always looking for me.(I don't know why I beat her every day).

She is such a mommys baby.

Donna

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Discussion starter · #16 ·
I don't get nervous any more.People are going to be mad no matter what you pick.I pick the best dog on that day.I don't care if I know the person or not.

Some Judges pick people and not dogs.So I tell everyone I don't .I can sleep at night knowing I did the best job,not that I picked some crappy dog just because the person showing is my friend.

Besides I've been showing for 15 years so I know alot of people and their dogs.

Donna

Discussion starter · #18 ·
I like a dog that looks like it's breed and looks like it could do the job it was bred for.I like movement also.

Straight front ,rear,good top line,nice head, good teeth,right eye color,ear set,coat.There is so much more then just looking at the dogs.

Donna

Discussion starter · #20 ·
It is I don't like Judging to much.Once or twice a year is good for me.This year I think I will have Judged only 6 times.Thats alot for me.I would much rather be showing and training.

Donna

Discussion starter · #22 ·
This is only my 2nd year Judging.I held off going for my licence for a while.29 I can't remember that far back.

It looks like Daphney and Scarlet won't be going to any shows or training classes for a while.They were fighting and Daphney has punture marks all over her.Scarlet also has stitches in her ear.Those two will never like each other.

Donna

Discussion starter · #25 ·
It's because they are both the same sex and did not grow up together,and they both want to be number 1.We have tryed a few times to get them together,but it will never work.If they see each other at shows they just give each other the stare.

Daphney is now on antibiotics,because her leg swelled up pretty bad.She looks so pathic,hobling around with this really sad look on her face.They both look uncomfortable,but would start another fight if we let them.

I keep telling them both that this is what happens when you don't run with the big dogs,but think you are the big dog.

Daphney will not be going to 4-H class today but should be good enough for next week.It's a good thing I will not be showing her this week end.

Never a dull moment around here.

Donna

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Stephanie has Bradley 8yrs,Scarlet 6yrs,Mav'rik 17mths,Bentley 8mths, and Inga 3mths.I have Daphney and Elwood.

Scarlet is Daphney's Aunt.She is due around the 7th of August.We are hoping it takes this time.I'm not sure when we will know for sure,but we will be x-raying at about 56 days.

Donna

Discussion starter · #30 ·
She was bred last year and gave Stephanie 3 boys.Daphney was bred about the same time last year and gave me Elwood.

Stephanie is trying for girls this time.If we don't get any I might breed Daphney or start looking for a girl friend for Elwood.I would hate to loose the line I started with and have had for the last 15 years.

Donna

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I only like breeding my girls once.I have not had Daphney spade yet,because of the bad luck we have been having(as far as small litters,no litters,or one dead puppy).

With in the last year and a half we have tried to have five litters and only ended up with two and no girls.Stephanie bred Scarlet to a dog that died a few years ago(AI)she sold her motorcycle and put alot of money into this breeding and got nothing,then I bred Daphney and got one dead litte girl.It was a dry birth and she died on the way out.Very sad.Then we bred Scarlet to Buster and got three little boys.I bred Daphney and got Elwood.I got a repeat back to the male I bred Daphney to,I did not want to try again so we use Scarlet,she had one dead baby boy.Very sad again.It always hurts to loose them.So here we go again.We are hoping for girls .Everyone think pink.

If Scarlet has a girl for me Daphney will be spayed.If Scarlet has no girls then I have a male picked out for her already(I like to be prepared,just in case).

He is a Canadian and UKC CH.he has 2 obed titles and is working on a third and he is a great looking dog who has produced some great puppies.I'm hoping I don't have to,but just in case I'm ready)

Breeding is really hard work and as you see can be a big heart ache.I don't like to breed as it is a big resonsiblity,but I won't pay 1,500 for a puppy.So I breed when I need a new puppy to show and train and the rest are placed(sold or given)to great forever pet homes.

Donna

Discussion starter · #35 ·
It should never be about the money.I have given away more puppies then I have sold.Not that the people could not afford what I was selling them for,but that I knew my puppy would have a great home.

I also like only breeding then once as they are not puppy machines.

Donna

Discussion starter · #40 ·
There are so many things that could have went wrong.So I can not blame it totally on the girls.The first time it was an AI breeding and you have to get them on the right date.The Vet should have done the implant on a Sunday,but she was at a dog show and waited till Monday.That was 1,500 just for the straws.When I bred Daphney the first time,the dog was 10 and it again was an AI,The stud dog owner did it her self.The sperm could have been bad.When I bred Daphney again and got Elwood I thought it was Daphney,but we bred Scarlet to the same dog and again got one puppy.So it could have been the dog.I don't want to give up my chance for a baby girl right yet.

This is the last time for both If it does not take on either then they are both done.

We do each have a boy to continue the line,but it is so hard to find someone with a girlwho has the same breeding goals as I do.I don't want to see anydog with anything of mine in the pedigree to end up in the wrong hands.I guess I'm over protective of my dogs.So I'm not real big on breeding a boy to an outside female.

I know there are good people out there so if I need to I'll just have to really look for them.

Don't think you where implying anything.It's nice to have someone ask questions.

Donna

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Stephaine says go to E-bay for the big rottweiler.

The most I had at one time was 9.That was when I was into rescue.They all live in the house,But some are not allowed out with certain ones.It's called musical Rottweilers.

Buster will be leaving this week,he needs to be neutered and then go for an obed title.So that will be one less dog that does not get along with other dogs.

Elwood will be coming home and he gets along with everyone.

Donna

Discussion starter · #45 ·
It's the girls That I have the most problem with.Boys have little fights,but the girls are out for blood.

Elwood was raised with all the boys so they should all continue to get along once he gets back.

Donna

Discussion starter · #48 ·
The girls are worse then boys as far as fighting,It has always been that way.Boys make alot of noise and it's over.Girls are out for blood.The girls are always in charge,so when they both want to be in charge,fights happen.

The girls come in every 6 months and are not on the same cycle.

Donna

Discussion starter · #50 ·
No their fighting has nothing to do with when they cycle.They just hate each other.When we get another kennel for out side,I want to put it across from the other one and leave them out side together for a while.This way they will hopfull get use to each other.

If not I will just keep,keeping them apart.

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.