Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and Gia!

Me with Gia

Waiting for dinner

Her cute face

The first moment meeting the cats!

I love that one! The black cat is Obie, and the gray one is Charlie! You can see Gia's face on the left, and it looks like Obie's upset and Charlie's comforting him. It's midnight, and we just got here an hour ago or so, but here are a couple first day pics. I'll try and take some in better lighting tomorrow, and get on here again. But we had a long day, you'll get the full story tomorrow! But we're home now, and I'm madly in love with our new girl!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Shes a cutie for sure. hope you give each other many years of joy.

I just got a new puppy too. See my new woman in my life thread .

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Glad to here you made it back with her.I hope she turns out to be the best for you .

Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip,the show meeting the breeder and the fly home.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Brandi, she is a cutie !!! yes we want details ! Congrats again !!! I'm with 2bad I hope she gives you many years of shear joy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, everybody! I'm up for the day now! So here's our trip from beginning to end. We flew to the San Fran airport and arrived at 8:30 pm on Friday. Everything went great. We drove in the very confusing city at night to our hotel, and went straight to bed. (By the time we found it it was 10:30 or so). We woke up at 6:30, the show started at 8:00, and we wanted to make sure we got there in time, since we had such trouble last night. It ended up being really close, so with daylight, we found it no problem. We knew the rotties were at 8 in ring 1, which we walked to. Had NO idea what Wendi looked like, so we couldn't look for her until she called us afterward, and couldn't check out which dogs in the ring were hers. The show was really cool (I've never BEEN to one! I might be a regular now though!) But many people were saying they didn't know what was going, but none of the dogs there were showing well. They were acting up they said. I didn't notice MUCH of that, but I was just thinking about where my puppy might be in the crowd!
After everything finished up for rotties, we went around where we thought Wendi might be, and met lots of the rotties (who just made me fall further in love with the breed) while we gave Wendi a half hour or so to get things done, in case she needed it. We called her cell, and she started waving her arms and walking around till we spotted her! She was really nice and very helpful, although a little spacey!
But in a good way. She kept thinking of more we might need, and ran us around the shops several times to buy things we could carry on on the flight home. We also sat in on a club meeting, which was fun, although I never got a chance to ask Wendi questions about it. She was always thinking, talking, or rushing around. I met three of her adult dogs, a male named Chunky, a female named Ferrah, and the SWEETEST most lovey dovey female on earth named Rage, I think she said short for Ragious. Sorry, tough to get much detail out of Wendi, unless you're good at interrupting politely! FINALLY, she walked us to where she had the two puppies in a crate. They came out, and ran straight at me, and I got lots of kisses. Both of them were beautiful! It was a very hard decision, there personalities were great, both went potty right after being let out, both affectionate, seemed smart. Finally, I thought the one's face was SLIGHTLY cuter in my opinion, so I chose her. We spent some time filling out the paperwork and paying, and Wendi took us to a shop AGAIN! All this led to us missing our plane.
My husband was freaking out, I (the impatient one) kept my cool, because I had a new baby with me! We spent 4 hours riding the trains back and forth, making phone calls, checking for more flights, etc. No rental cars at ANY of the companies were available for aboutone more day! Poor girl rode the air train back and forth SO many times, it was loud and crazy and busy, and she was an angel. I held her whenever I could, but I didn't want to take her out all the time, so she was in that little bag quite a bit. We were getting so worried, and finally, at 4:00, he checked again, and Delta finally told us to try United. We'd looked into them a few times before the trip, and tickets were a couple hundred dollars more expensive. But this time, the flight was leaving in an hour, and it was FAR from filled, so tickets were far cheaper. We got inline, and bought our ticket! Only the guy asked why we missed our flight, Jess explained, and he said they could transfer the tickets to this airline! We payed only the 80 dollars for Gia to fly! AND to top it off, it was direct, while on Delta we had to go to Salt Lake City, THEN Phoenix! Ended up being a far better flight than on the way here, much more room. Jess and I had 3 seats to ourselves, and all 3 across the aisle were empty. Gia was silent and slept most of the way. She barely lifted her head at the landing! We are both so in love! She's great with the cats. They're scared, but she already wants to play, so I'm taking it slow. She acts like we've been together for years. She's sleeping on my feet right now! I'm in love. Sorry this is so long guys, but it was a long day!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 2bad, I just saw your girl! She's adorable! That's great that your boys are being pretty good! How cute!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot to mention, Wendi gave her one last nail trim for me. She layed on her back in Wendi's lap, and was great for it! She squirmed a couple times during the dremmel, and that was it! I was amazed!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Brandi , it sounds like you have a keeper in that little girl ! You did have a busy day now didn't you ...I'm so happy for you and your little Gia . It sounds like she has found a wonderful home with you and your hubby ! Keep the pics coming we love to watch them grow

·
Registered
33 Posts
What a beautiful girl!! I love the one of her looking up waiting for dinner!

I don't know how you slept the night before
. It sounds like a busy, happy, fun day for you guys. All of that running around on the train and such was the best socialization experience for Gia. I LOVE using the dremel, no bleeding nails. I hope that is one thing that Wendi had you buy at the show.

Hopefully we will get to meet at a show nearby one day!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody! I know nooshnoosh, she's a cutie in the waiting for dinner pic! And I BARELY got to sleep!
Yeah, that's what I kept thinking, that even though she had to spend that crazy day in the airport, it was good for her to get used to people and all that noise. And she had no problem, I never saw her look scared at all. She's a very good girl!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.