Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the vet today to take Rhea for her allergy shot and in the process I was also concerned about how at times she limps and at times has trouble getting up on the couch or just from a laying position , she also bunny hops at times when she runs . So I ask my vet about what he thinks about all of this , now just to let you all know she has a sister that my Mother -in -law has and she has the same problems also . He said at her age she should notbe doingthis she is way to young , and it is genetic .... a older dog yes but not her at her age ....( don't get me wrongI know dogs can have HD or other aliments at a very young age)so he put her on acouple of supplements to help her with her muscles and joints one is called Glyco Flex III ( this is just for Rhea and the problem she has I'm not giving this to my other dogs ) the other is Synovi G3 soft chews .They both help the muscles and joints of dogs that have problems and actually helps prevent or keep it to a minim it in the long run of their life time . The Synovi G3 I'm giving to Kitty and Apollo it's a good vitamin just in it's self for your dog .Especially inlarge breed dogs . It's a beef chewy snack ! Now I will tell you it's not cheep but I feel this way if it helps the qualityof my dogs life it's worth every dime !

If you would like to read more info on both here are the sites .... vetriscience.com. and dvmpharmaceuticals.com. My vet also told me you can get it also at GNC ... not at any other place like Wal Mart he said it just isn't the same quality .

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I hope they help.

Did the Vet say anything about doing x-rays on her to see if it is her hips or a torn knee?

Then you would know for sure what it's not.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has done this since she was a pup off and on ....being that her sister has it we both opted to try the supplements first to see if that helps her but if it doesn't then we will xray to make sure what the deal is and if surgery is needed . So keep your fingers crossed !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.