Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new here, I'm going to pick up my 5th rottweiler in over 30yrs this Friday! For some reason I'm scared to death! I feel so clueless, before I would get them, bring them home, love them and they'd be chill. This one I'm terrified I'm going to screw it up! I'm buying books, I'm looking things up I can't make up my mind on anything!
I think allot has to do with the internet saying EVERYTHING! In the past, I just went on instinct and everything was great. I need help.
I've never used a crate with a rott, now I feel like it's blasphemy if I don't... :cry: please help me.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If you have raised and trained past Rottweilers you will be fine. I would reconsider, and get a crate. It really does help to house train them much quicker...and gives them a safe spot to chill when you are busy. I've always weaned my pups off of the crate by the time they were about a year old. No need to have them use the crate forever if they don't need it.

Training has also changed in the last decade or two...more positive and way more fun!!! There are also so many things available now to do fun things with your dog....tracking, barn hunt, sprinting, tracking, dock diving, plus all of the other fun things like agility, obedience,etc.

It's good to learn new things and to get educated. Every dog is different, and there are many different ways of doing things. Good-luck with your new pup. We will be waiting for pictures! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts