Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSC_1217_2_2.jpg

Coming home from schutzhund training Wednesday night I saw this Great Horned Owl sitting on a snag by the side of road. I always have my camera with me everywhere I go, and what a lucky find this was! He just sat there and let me click away!:p

·
Registered
880 Posts
what a fabulous picture! I was lucky enough to have a horned owl nest nest to my office when I lived in Ohio- they raised 2 owlettes to fledge under intense media coverage, in a hospital parkinglot. Wonderful raptors and what an experience to witness. Thanks so much for posting that pic.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sadie Mae! Birds are one of my favorite things to photograph, besides my dogs of course! LOL

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Awesome!

I had the dogs out early this morning and there was a hawk screeching in the air...went out a minute or so later with the camera but missed it...as I walked back into the house I saw (and heard!) the hawk getting buzzed by several very angry birds. Birds won that round...hawk must have found a meal elsewhere!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Beautiful. We have a lot of owls in our barns here, Red Kites are a common sight in our area too.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Awesome picture!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kaza, I just lucked out getting this picture. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I have learned, mostly the hard way, to always have my camera with me, as I have missed more pictures than I care to remember! Boy, what I wouldn't give to be in your area! Nature and wildlife are my favorite things to photograph.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts