Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
You need someone (a knowledgeable dog handler) to get to your home and observe this behavior. This is a warning. When your dog growled was he with an object or was it in between you and the baby?

The source of the behavior/s need to be found and dealt with. If you just force your baby to the dog, you will cause your dog to become agitated, please do not leave your baby alone for a blink of an eye, get help. is your dog from a breeder???? if so, they should be helping you. If you are located near a kennel club, or dog training school, these people should be able to help.

Your baby is one year old. How long has this behavior been brewing, because dogs don't just get up one day and do this, this is a progressive process.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

· Registered
82 Posts
Just out of curiosity, since it appears the dog sleeps with you, when you or your husband come into bed and the dog is already there, does she ever growl at either of you???? At anytime????

This has reached critical mass and you MUST NOT allow this dog near your baby.

· Registered
82 Posts
Mel:

Have you maybe thought about contacting a local kennel club, or maybe even a Rottie club that may be near you, there may be some very informative people that could help you at a more reasonable cost.

Please understand that these problems do not resolve themselves, they escalate and with proper diagnosis and then a plan to modify and remodel your dogs behavior will be the best options.

You also must realize that if you do not do something for the interest of your child, you could be found negligent due to these postings.

For instance, If I read in the paper tomorrow that your dog hurt your child, I would contact the authorities and report this.

Even if you don't want to do ANYTHING, please KEEP this DOG AWAY from your child...

That is the least you can and should do.

· Registered
82 Posts
I would hope too, that this ended with a good note, such as, finding the behaviors that Creasey has and remodeling them. This can be done, but NOT always. I'm not going to say, "I'm Sorry" I have been involved with Rottweilers for over 30 years. They have been my heart and soul. I have worked with rescue back in the days before computers and the internet.

We had a case here in Wisconsin several years ago, you may had heard about it, there was a 10 year old child killed by 6 Rotties, she and the dogs owner a 12 year old were in the home alone. We are lucky that our NEWS media here in Milwaukee was kind enough to allow our Rottie Club some air time to help make sense of this.

Now, I'm not saying you are neglectful, to the contrary, you came and asked for help. I am saying, "information (tools) have been given to you", now PLEASE use them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.