Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry that I haven't been on in a very long time. We hada baby..and actually it's his first birthday today.

Please help! Creasey Bear is 4 1/2. She has only shown aggression towards one woman, who honestly probably gives off an air of evil ;)

Creasey has growled at our one year old son twice in the last week. One time he sat on the arm of the sofa behind her and touched her back. Then today he crawled up to her and touched her butt and she growed. These definitley sounded liek warning growls. Any suggestions before I freak out???

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First I want to thank everyone for their advice. We are definitely aware that this is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with immediately.

To answer a previous question, no, the baby has not had something in his hand when this happens. And it has now happeded a third time - this time was a nip at the face. I am calling our vet tomorrow and seeking immediate help.

Creasey is definitely attaced to us. She doesn't even like to be outside without one of us. If we let her out to relieve herself, she wants right back in when she's done and will scratch and howl until we let her in.

She was laying down resting each time this has happened. Once on the sofa, once under my chair, and once in bed with us. I know that allowing her to be on the furniture and in bed are dangers that only add to her feeling of dominance. It ends today. The bed will be easy to break. The furniture is another story. Any suggestions?

Thanks again and I will post something as soon as I talk to the vet and breeder.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RottiMom - Thanks for the furniture advice.

The third time was last night. It was about 12:30am and the baby had woken up and was restless. My husband was not in bed yet, so it was just the dog and me. I brought the baby in...something that's happened about a ten times since he was born. The baby was next to me on the bed and like I said he was restless. He rolled over a couple of times bumping into her behind. Then he rolled one time and touched her behind. That was when she turned and nipped at his face. I was right there and immediately made her get off the bed and my husband put her in her crate...something we only use sparingly and she goes in freely.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, TigerPaw! We are swimming in baby gates and will use them when we're out to keep her off the furniture. We shall see..... :)

I blocked her out of the living room (tough because we have an open floor plan home), and I made sure her bed that she rarely uses was accessible. She has slept in it almost the entire day and night. Hopefully, coupled with the crate, she will feel that she has her own space. We don't let the baby near her crate, bed, or food.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So here's an update....Creasey stopped sleeping in our bed and lying on the furniture about 2 weeks ago. The baby gates are up and in full force when the little one's around. She is finding strange places to lay lately. I do notice that she is acutely aware of him when he's out of his gated areas, but he is never alone at these times. She has been falling asleep under his high chair while he's eating. She even licked his face a few days ago when he was crying. They have little contact. I have noticed that she is listening to me less when called and really doesn't want to go upstairs at night. I'm thinking it's just her little rebellion????

Thanks for all of the great advice. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I come on here so randomly due to the craziness of daily life. I apologize for not being more clear. We are handling this situation.We have devoted our lives...our home, our love, our attention, our money...everything to Creasey. She is our baby. It breaks my heart that any of this is happening. I cry...actually cry...at the drop of a hat when I think about the fact that she may be gone from us one day when she is old.

I take serious offense to the threat of calling the police. Ridiculous. I didn't come here to be called negligent. I have emailed the breeder and am waiting for a response. I guess I will have to find my information elsewhere...I'd hate to post something looking for help from those who could relate the mostand be put in jail.

A huge thanks to all who have constructive and supportive advice over the years!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts