Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Hopefully you find a behaviorist and soon! My dogs cannot tolerate the high pitch noise of little ones. I believe it either hurts their ears or reminds them of an animal in distress. Either way, they cannot take the sounds and puts them into prey drive. Very likely your dog is going into prey drive and is confused as baby is a cherise to you. I don't know the bestway to desenitize a dog to this. I lock my dogs in the crates when Grandbaby visits. Way toeasy a markfor them!In a perfect world you could make the baby'shut up', but that won't happen. So in some way you need to make your dog ignore. Good luck!

· Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Good that you emailed the breeder. I think you need some help with your dog to bond with the baby. Personally, I will not let my dogs near children as they were not raised with children. But they are also not with a child 24x7, mine are only occasionally around a child.

Now, first I think you have received some great advice. JMHO, personally, and just thinking about my dogs and their reactions, maybe you went overboard. Now, she is not listening to you, she feels distance and confusion. You have banned her from the furniture and the bedroom. She probably feels abondaned from her pack and does not understand. Now, JMHO, but that advice I did not like.

Until you can get some professional help. Just keep the baby and her at a distance. laying under the high chair is probably OK. Licking faces is not! Keep a circle of comfort between the dog and baby. And lots of treats for both!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.