Rottweilers Online Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Good that you emailed the breeder. I think you need some help with your dog to bond with the baby. Personally, I will not let my dogs near children as they were not raised with children. But they are also not with a child 24x7, mine are only occasionally around a child.

Now, first I think you have received some great advice. JMHO, personally, and just thinking about my dogs and their reactions, maybe you went overboard. Now, she is not listening to you, she feels distance and confusion. You have banned her from the furniture and the bedroom. She probably feels abondaned from her pack and does not understand. Now, JMHO, but that advice I did not like.

Until you can get some professional help. Just keep the baby and her at a distance. laying under the high chair is probably OK. Licking faces is not! Keep a circle of comfort between the dog and baby. And lots of treats for both!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi Melanie.

Your baby is going in the space from your Creasey..what she alway's did have for her self...your attention....your devotedlove...she must share that now...and thats what she dont like..be very carefull...one snap can hurt your human baby so much..you never gone forgive yourself. Its not easy to give the good help you need tru writhing..for that it must be able to read your Rottie in practice. But good advice we can give...keep them seperated untill you find professional help. Dont try things out without experience help..way to risky, try to see it clear, devoted love or not...its Creasey who have to learn, you must guide her with experience help on your side..and never...never lett them both alone in one room..not for one second...for your human baby...for Creasey...and for yourself. Turn America upside down to find that experience HELP.

We wish you all the best...and hope to read later in future..that everything is going smoot again, but untill that time...please be carefull.

Peter.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I am sorry you feel threatened, however that is not what I read in Marylou's post. She just stated facts - unpleasant though they may be. I will repeat what many have said - you have been given very good advice, and it has been delivered in a respectful manner. I believe if you take your situation to some other rottweiler forums, you will not be treated as respectfully.

All advice has been given to protect your child and still allow you to keep Creasey.

Many animals recognize 'babies' of all other species, and they will not attack them. That is why we often read stories of one mammal species adopting a newborn of another species. But Creasey doesn't seem to understand your baby.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were going to contact your vet. What advice did you get? I sincerely wish you the best in solving this problem. Regardless of your previous post, I hope you will return to this forum.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would hope too, that this ended with a good note, such as, finding the behaviors that Creasey has and remodeling them. This can be done, but NOT always. I'm not going to say, "I'm Sorry" I have been involved with Rottweilers for over 30 years. They have been my heart and soul. I have worked with rescue back in the days before computers and the internet.

We had a case here in Wisconsin several years ago, you may had heard about it, there was a 10 year old child killed by 6 Rotties, she and the dogs owner a 12 year old were in the home alone. We are lucky that our NEWS media here in Milwaukee was kind enough to allow our Rottie Club some air time to help make sense of this.

Now, I'm not saying you are neglectful, to the contrary, you came and asked for help. I am saying, "information (tools) have been given to you", now PLEASE use them...
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

21 - 25 of 25 Posts