Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His birthday (such as we have a date) is Sunday but I thought I'd get in early to wish Agis a Happy 2nd Birthday!

He is a complete and total brat but in the best way possible. Has a great happiness and passion for life. He definitely makes lemonade from life's lemons.

He's calmed down a lot. I'd say that's the training courses we've done, but I honestly think it's just time. Well, he's calm, until he knows we're going to play fetch...then all bets are off!

I will likely start working part-time in the office at some point sorta soon? (Fourth wave is hitting) Our friend who was his dog walker is coming in again 1x/week for now - he can stay on his own all day if we're gone, but it's also just to burn off some energy if we're not around - channel it into something more productive.

He was far better behaved with her when she arrived (traditionally he goes NUTS, her visiting is VERY exciting) this past week, that was the first time, so hopefully he continues to show improvements. He goes a bit deaf to commands that normally he has down solid where April's concerned
Dog Snow Dog breed Carnivore Collar

But he's a lovely dog to be around, lovely to have in the house, can sleep, or can go run around. The terrible twos are looking good right now.

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
Happy Birthday Agis!! You have done a good job with him. You put in the work with training, and exercise and to meet his needs...and he's turned into the dog that you love. He's come a long way! From the reserves of the north to a city dog. :)

Reactions: Agis

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!

I'm not going to lie, there were times I wondered how he'd turn out. He's been both easy to train and a bit bullheaded. Plus I have rosey memories of Neb as a puppy (my brother lived in the basement of the house I was renting when Neb was a puppy and wasn't working, so he did a lot with Neb). My brother said, are you kidding, Neb was not easy!

Agis has his moments - there are certain dogs in the building he dislikes, and well, he lets them know. But he's easy to redirect and generally if we see the dog we can just distract him (obedience, or...a stick!) and then it's fine. He used to be harder to redirect, but he's not bad at all now. And he has his best doggy friend in the building - Jimmy - oh boy is Jimmy ever the BEST. He explodes in bum wagging when he sees him.

He always supervises my baths, which cracks me up. Makes sure I'm okay!

I can't wait for the next adventures with Agis! He's super sweet.

He's done Tricks Level 1, there should be a Tricks 2 class this fall (I should go check) that I'd like to put him in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
congrats on birthday number 2. He is still a puppy. Growing up with a loving owner / partner is his biggest blessing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts