Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to wish all of the forum members a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!! Hoping that all of you have a good 2023.
Enjoy this time with your dogs, and family. Do any of you buy presents for your dogs?? I always do, and for my grand dogs too... :) 馃巺馃巹

Registered
Happy Holidays BBD! Thought I'd look in - Agis is being ugh - but also because I was thinking of you and hoping you're not getting hit too hard by snow! We've got snow here, taking Agis out for his walk later wearing spikes.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Merry Christmas!! What's that Agis up to?? Giving you a hard time?? o_O Yes!! The weather is wild here!! Snow is blowing so hard and wind is so bad...the house shakes. So far the hydro is on....but that's always a worry. We have a little generator that we can use for essentials if needed. Water buckets ready for toilet flushing..LOL

We are used to severe weather....you city folk have it much harder. Enjoy the holidays!!馃巺馃巹

Registered
Merry Christmas!! What's that Agis up to?? Giving you a hard time?? o_O Yes!! The weather is wild here!! Snow is blowing so hard and wind is so bad...the house shakes. So far the hydro is on....but that's always a worry. We have a little generator that we can use for essentials if needed. Water buckets ready for toilet flushing..LOL

We are used to severe weather....you city folk have it much harder. Enjoy the holidays!!馃巺馃巹
Yes, a hard time. It's been rough around here (we're okay, but some bad stuff happened), and I think he is a dog that you can never let down your guard with, and - yeah. He got in a tussle with Neb (who is 14.5! Agis is 3) at the start of the month - Neb had the NERVE to express interest in the cardboard tube Agis was chewing on, ugh. Neb had a cut on his ear. Then yesterday Neb was saying hi to one of his (and Toby and I's) favourite dogs - a toy poodle. Kept Agis back but he was calm so I let him sniff and boom! He went after him and got him. No blood but TinTin didn't want it touched. Poor TinTin. Sue, his owner, was very chill about the whole thing - dogs will be dogs - she was taking him to the vet today for something else and bloodwork so she said she'd have them look at it. She knows what unit we're in, she lives a few floors up so I'm hoping she lets us know. Offered to pay any vet bills which she flatly refused. But I am mortified.

We've done force free training (in person and online), we've done in person balanced training at Shield K9 (though probably not enough - money) - but last night (with money we don't have har har) I bought an e-collar and this morning a muzzle (he seems to be 'Rottweiler size' heh). Trying to really make his routine back now that things are less stressful here, and it's a reminder that regardless of what is going on, he needs routine. More than any dog we've ever had. I have laid out an exercise and training routine/schedule for him. Toby agreed to do one training session a day (edit: I will train separately) but today is refusing to do so.

Tuesday I am meeting a friend with a reactive/aggressive German Shepherd who lives in Mississauga and we are going to train near each other (if you know what I mean) to work on reactivity. She's having someone teach her the e-collar so we'll also do that as we keep meeting up. He's pretty good when I train with him in the field across the street and there's other dogs nearby, though we don't go too close of course.

But he's a sweet boy otherwise, and he and Neb were playing together an hour after, so there's that. Toby has agreed he can't meet other dogs, but is resistant to the idea of a muzzle, because Agis "is sensitive" and Toby is "a sensitive owner" :rolleyes:

But enough about that! Your house is shaking, wow. Being in a building with buried power lines means we aren't likely to lose power, but around us is. Toronto rarely gets hit with much severe weather, it's true. Even today I think it's more the wind than anything else. Agis was very excited to find all the branches that'd fallen from the wind on our walk, heh.

Premium Member
I think all Rotties want to be in one dog families. My two have fun together but always seem to be competing for the affection and attention, My young Dixie has taken up talking and she dog-talks her feelings about everything. Her talking is not growling or barking but voicing her messages always.

Premium Member
By the way, I was always just rompinronnie and I am Canadian, just living half my life in Florida. Love Americans but they call me Rontario ( for your info bbg). Don't know why I got a number after my name or the American flag since my residence is Ottawa

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, I was always just rompinronnie and I am Canadian, just living half my life in Florida. Love Americans but they call me Rontario ( for your info bbg). Don't know why I got a number after my name or the American flag since my residence is Ottawa
I have no clue when you don't have a Canadian flag and why you have a number after your name??? Glitch in the software??

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The flag is based on where the IP address is - so if @rompinronnie_7977 is currently at their place in Florida and using that internet, the IP address is American. When they鈥檙e back in Canada the Canadian flag should show. Pretty sure.
Oh good to know!! Makes sense since rompinronnie is in Florida for the winter ( I wish I was in Florida). Not sure why the _7977 was added to his user name though?

Premium Member
by the way, Hank has taken to knocking down the garbage can in the kitchen and raiding the contents. He has never done that. He's 5. I went ballistic, screaming at him like I never do. Could it be he's is acting back at something he didn't like? Did it again. I haven't walked him at the park lately because I threw out my back and can barely stand...

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by the way, Hank has taken to knocking down the garbage can in the kitchen and raiding the contents. He has never done that. He's 5. I went ballistic, screaming at him like I never do. Could it be he's is acting back at something he didn't like? Did it again. I haven't walked him at the park lately because I threw out my back and can barely stand...
More than likely...he's bored/ and or hungry. My motto is "don't set them up to fail". Leaving a garbage can full of great smelling 'goodies' is just enticing them to fail. Sometimes dogs just do things because they can...even mature dogs that have never done it before. Put away the garbage so he cannot get to it. For me it would be like leaving a chocolate cake sitting on the counter...and told 'not to touch it"....too enticing...even when I know I shouldn't :LOL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts