Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone hear of, dealt with or can give references for Von Eisenhart Rottweilers? They have had a few dogs with their name in the early 2000's but not any recent information online? Thanks

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was very helpful. I guess a person should assume they are a credible breeder because your address line? LOL

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Audrey, sorry, I wasn't really assuming anything, just caught a little off guard by your reply.
Did you purchase your dog from them?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rottie Warrior,

I was looking for a female puppy for schutzhund and if titled and sound would breed her one time to my male. I was new to the sport and purchasing a puppy from a Breeder. I emailed Eisenhart Oct 2010 then spoke on phone about a litter out of Von Eisenhart’s Miss Ruthie “Due in November”. The bloodlines were exactly what I was looking for to compliment my male and for working. I asked about DNA & hip certs on parents. He was very evasive and stated they weren’t very important. In my exuberance for this particular litter, I moved forward even after the red flags. We agreed on second pick female and a price.

Oct 11, I mailed the filled out puppy contract, all my contact information and $500.00 non-refundable deposit.

Nov 15, not too concerned yet, I touched base to remind him I did not receive a signed contract from him and asked if the puppies had arrived. He emailed me back and stated he lost the contract and the puppies would probably arrive the following week.

Nov 15, I sent another filled out contract the same day.

Dec 7, still haven’t heard anything, I emailed him again and stated I still hadn’t received the executed contract and asked if the pups had arrived. He responds stating his vet, who is also his daughter as disclosed in our only phone conversation, indicated Ruthie had a “false pregnancy”, and must have “absorbed” the litter. Of course I had no way of verifying this. This, he should have contacted me when he found out. Females do not absorb a litter in a week, if she was ready to drop the following week as stated earlier, at this stage, she would have more than likely been showing very pregnant especially to someone who does this for a living.

Well ship, now I’m stuck, I have no contract, no puppy, void of any real communication and he has my deposit. I now have to settle for another litter or lose it. After much thought, I chose a litter from Top Marks and “Sid” Abraxus Viousious’. She had one very nice offspring which I could find…Jake vom Gruberhaus, so I was mildly satisfied but still disappointed.

Dec 11, Via email, we agreed to transfer the deposit to the first pick female from this litter due in December and on Dec 11, I mailed him a revised contract.

Dec 22, still no contract and I emailed another request for a fully executed agreement. His response was “I forgot” one would be mailed out immediately and apologized.

Jan 9, 2011, I still do not have a fully executed agreement and again no word on this litter that was supposed to be due in December.

January 9, 2011, extremely frustrated at this point in my attempts to do business, I have lost all faith in his credibility and ability to perform. After a string of email requests and changing the originally agreed upon litter due to the purported failed pregnancy, and after mailing a revised purchase contract for the first pick female from Abraxus Viousious x Top Marks von Ixoye suppose to be due in Dec 2010, I still had not received timely updates, an executed purchase agreement, nor any clear promise of delivery of his obligations. Due to von Eisenhart’s non-performance, I withdrew my offer to purchase a puppy and requested a full and immediate return of my $500.00 good faith hold deposit which all considered, should have rightfully been returned.

Jan 9, His only response was “SID HAD 3 FEMALES 12/25”......DOUG. Well this was Jan 9, and again, why was I not already notified? In another email sent later the same day, he stated” I mailed a contract last week”. That’s all he has to say?

January 11, 2012, After 3 mos and rescinding my agreement, a contract was finally received by me. However, it was the very first original contract I had sent that he stated was lost. It had the original names scratched out and only the “call” names scratched in. It did not reflect the most recent agreement which was for the “first“ pick female puppy (not “second” pick as we agreed with the Ruthie litter and still marked on this contract) from the Top Marks von Ixoye x Abraxus Viousious’ litter, It did not reflect their accurate names nor did it include any parental registration numbers. As any legal expert would agree, this contract is not valid. Things were crossed out, written on top of and the agreed upon terms were inaccurately filled out. Not to mention the changes written over by the breeder were not initialed by me. . Geez…….Why not sign and send back the third and only valid written agreement which I had mailed back in Dec reflecting the correct litter and information as agreed.

Some days later he offered another “quality pup”, I declined for reasons states above. If he would have sent my deposit back as I requested, I would have reconsidered as he would have shown some ethics and a little class with an attempt to make things right.

I have all the correspondence to verify my statements and I understand “non-refundable” and It is acceptable if both parties perform the necessary and common details associated with a contractual agreement as legally expected. I walked away from my deposit because I did not believe I was going to receive the puppy I agreed to purchase and it was too costly to pursue.

In the mean time I had contacted quite a few people who knew, had done or tried to do business with Eisenhart’s Rottweilers in an attempt to find someone who had something positive to say. No-one had anything positive to report and I will not post the negative I was told as it would be hearsay.
Eisenhart’s “appears” to have some nice dogs, but for me, trying to do business with him was very frustrating and extremely uncertain.

I would recommend you contact a club in your area and find a breeder who is not evasive, has credible referrals, use Paypal for your deposit money rather than sending a check, a breeder whos contract provides a provision that if the advertised litter fails you can exercise an option to receive your deposit back OR transfer it to a different litter so you are not forced into buying something you didn’t want and lessening the potential of a “bait and switch”. Look for a breeder who definitely has DNA on BOTH parents, hip certificates on BOTH and be able to produce a copy of them along with their pedigree. Reputable breeders are proud of their breeding programs and are willing to do so. If they tell you it’s “not important” fooey, it is. If you do not have DNA, there is no way to verify the parents. There is no telling how many “non-refundable” deposits a breeder accepts for an average litter. If they were to take in 20 - $500 deposits, that’s $10,000 non-refundable dollars in their pocket. An advertized puppy from a particular litter could actually be from a lesser quality breeding, come from the newspaper or dog pound and there is no way for you to verify the bloodlines of the puppy you purchased. There aren’t any viable laws to keep these things in check either.

I belong to a rott club now and learned much. If you’re looking for pet or for competition research the breeder. There’s too many good ones to settle for anything less. Good Luck………

· Registered
440 Posts
Yeesh, you really should've stepped back and ran the hell away at this statement: I asked about DNA & hip certs on parents. He was very evasive and stated they weren’t very important.

Alas, take all this garbage you went thru with this SOB and take him to court for your money back. Talk to an attorney, many times they will start you off with writing another letter stating you have an attorney and attempt to get your money back this way before you head into court.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, you're exactly right...I should have used my better judgment and walked away. I believe what happens, is, as an inexperienced first time buyer, you finally find the courage to take the next step, get caught up in the moment and your good senses go out the window. This gets exploited and you have a bad situation brewing. Fortunately, I didn’t spend good money after bad. If a breeder can’t follow basic purchase contract rules and/or hijacks your deposit for a litter that may or may not happen, there's a very good chance the buyer would be S.O.L. trying to exercise the breeder’s show, breed or health guarantees if the quality of puppy didn’t meet the breed standards or if the puppy suffered any congenital defects.

I let this be a lesson and reminder to be diligent and maybe someone will read this and be saved the expense and grief of attempting to deal with less than ethical breeders.

As far as the deposit, I still may exercise other available options.

· Registered
4 Posts
I never got my puppy either...

I spoke with Doug and he was very excited to recieve my deposit. Almost 5 month later and I have heard every excuse in the book as to why my kids and I haven't received a puppy. Still no puppy from Von Eisenhart Rottweilers and refuses to return my deposit.

I have spoken to a few people who did receive puppies out of the litter I was promised and they report health issues and paid huge amounts of money for no hip, health or registration information.

Shame on you, Doug.

Raquel

· Registered
2 Posts
Doug Harrington stole a deposit from me as well. After reading these I might just stop by the Jefferson county sheriffs office while I'm filing my small claims court paperwork and see if their interested in the little scam business that Doug is running.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@lovemylola&thor,
If you do,
Please show Jefferson County Sheriffs office my post and if they want more information, please let me know.

· Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi kids, all I can say is WOW! It's truly a shame that this breeder has taken your money..... and no puppy to show for it. When a breeder dances around saying OFA reports are no big deal red flags go up! There are many reputable breeders out there and this one is giving breeders a bad rap. Any of you close to where this breeder lives? I would def. take this breeder to court. I'm sure their are more people out there that have been taken by this Doug. I hope you all get your money back!!!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Sure wish I would have found this forum prior to sending my $500.00 to Doug Harrington just last month (June 2012). The deposit I sent him was to for a female puppy from the Una ("FCI Champion "DAM") that was Doug's favorite female..elaborated how sweet this dog was, wonderful disposition, etc... Even sent me pics of Una's sire, a surbian champion! I too became suspicious when Doug first told me he was headed to Denver or Colorado Springs kennel to visit his kennel. As he was driving on the interstate, Doug was describing how bad the smoke from the forest fires was in that area, and he was concerned about his dogs. Informed me that the Una was in labor and fearful that they were going to have to take her C-section. Contacted Doug one week later to check on the litter, and Doug informed me that they were still watching Una closely, and most likely going to have to take her C-section the next day. Amazing a dog can be in labor for an entire week which was my first "red flag". Contacted Doug a few days later, and "Oh yes", the pups were delivered C-section (a liter of five) and only one female. Assured me she would be our puppy, however, they were watching the new pups closely so that Una would not lay on them and suffocate them. Doug also informed me that the gal that does his internet site would be updating soon and show the pics of the litter. One week later, I go to the website for "Von Eisenhart Rottweilers", and find that there is an announcement, that the litter has arrived and that there are four males and one female available FOR SALE! Wait a minute...that's my female! So I call Doug, another excuse that the gal running his internet site is mistaken. So I asked if I could come to the kennel and see the pups, AND Una. Doug said that would not be possible because Una was very aggressive, (earlier he elaborated on how gentle Una was), and he also did not want to take the chance of exposing the pups to any viruses. O.K.., so I asked if I could contact the kennel, which he earlier had told me was run by a lady. Again, he came up with an excuse and, the answer was no. I then asked if the person running the kennel could take a picture of Una, and the pups and send that to me. Suggested a picture either on her phone, or to my email. Another excuse, and that would not be possible. Then, Doug informed me that he would bring both Una and the "Sire" Mark (also FIC Champion) along when I picked up the puppy 8 weeks. Said I could take pictures with them, and even "kiss them on the nose if I want". Wow, now the dogs are remarkably not vicious anymore. He then. made the mistake, of telling me that when he brings the puppies from the kennel in NEBRASKA in a couple of months...NEBRASKA? You were earlier telling me the kennel was in COLORADO! I immediately knew there was a problem and began searching online, and now have found this forum. As others, I too sent the contract and a $500.00 check to this man, which was run through his bank upon his receipt. To date, I have not received a signed contract back from him, with the excuse that he couldn't get the FAX to go through...poor excuse considering the FAX is a valid number used in a busy office. I have since contacted Doug and informed him I do not feel comfortable with all the stories, and lack of a contract, and requested he send my $500.00 back. He claims he will gladly refund my money because his family is upset with him for selling the only female from litter anyway. That was on 7/16/12. Later that day, he did then send me a picture to my email of a litter of five puppies laying in a pile sleeping, no adult dog. Interesting that considering he had mentioned to me several times earlier that he had received "Kennel of the Year Award" in the past, that the picture of the pups was laying on linolium, and the perimeter floor trim pictured was smeared with feces. Looks like a utility room that needs a good cleaning rather than an award winning kennel to me. As an earlier post suggested, I have contacted folks involved in the Kennel club that breed Rottweilers. Several folks are familiar with Doug Harrington, and the scam he has been running for YEARS! I even spoke to a reputable breeder in another state that said many in the kennel club are familar with this particular man, and his scam. Considering he only takes us for $500.00, people do not pursue legal action due to the time and effort involved. I've got news for you Mr. Harrington. Either I get my $500.00 back within one week, or I too will be visiting with the Jefferson County Sheriffs office. I have already called their office and left a message. Another note; after reading earlier posts, I have no doubt that something was going to unfortunately happen to this particular female he took my deposit for. The way he kept elaborating how at risk this one female was, and how they were protecting her from Una with a divider within the kennel so she wouldn't laid on, etc...I have no doubt the female pup would have been supposibly "suffocated" by Una, and he would have to offered me a replacement. Who knows if Doug even has a female "Dam" named Una! Shame on you Doug Harrington!

· Registered
2,400 Posts
TWENTY THREE bitches listed on his site...does he OWN them all? If not, should not be listed on his site UNLESS he is co-owner or co-breeder of a littler out of the bitch.

THREE stud dogs listed...pardon my french but WTF is OFA certified?? LIST the damned results of the health testing??!!

One litter due June 2012 and FOUR due August 2012...

WORKING TITLES?? I want to see working titles..if the dogs have them - LIST THEM! Oh wait, they DON'T HAVE ANY!

Sure a call name is nice. but what is the dogs registered name?

HA! Did ya'll read the freaking contract? NO CLIMBING STAIRS UNTIL PUPPY IS 12 MONTHS OLD to protect against hip and elbow issues...what a crock of s**t!!!

· Premium Member
1,944 Posts
google Gowen Haus rottweilers. I believe that they may have imported Una or at least at one time owned her. Their contact email and phone # is on the website. You can find out more info on Una and if Doug still has her. Her Hips and Elbows were done in Europe. HD A EB 0.

· Registered
6,038 Posts
Sure wish I would have found this forum prior to sending my $500.00 to Doug Harrington just last month (June 2012). The deposit I sent him was to for a female puppy from the Una ("FCI Champion "DAM") that was Doug's favorite female..elaborated how sweet this dog was, wonderful disposition, etc... Even sent me pics of Una's sire, a surbian champion! I too became suspicious when Doug first told me he was headed to Denver or Colorado Springs kennel to visit his kennel. As he was driving on the interstate, Doug was describing how bad the smoke from the forest fires was in that area, and he was concerned about his dogs. Informed me that the Una was in labor and fearful that they were going to have to take her C-section. Contacted Doug one week later to check on the litter, and Doug informed me that they were still watching Una closely, and most likely going to have to take her C-section the next day. Amazing a dog can be in labor for an entire week which was my first "red flag". Contacted Doug a few days later, and "Oh yes", the pups were delivered C-section (a liter of five) and only one female. Assured me she would be our puppy, however, they were watching the new pups closely so that Una would not lay on them and suffocate them. Doug also informed me that the gal that does his internet site would be updating soon and show the pics of the litter. One week later, I go to the website for "Von Eisenhart Rottweilers", and find that there is an announcement, that the litter has arrived and that there are four males and one female available FOR SALE! Wait a minute...that's my female! So I call Doug, another excuse that the gal running his internet site is mistaken. So I asked if I could come to the kennel and see the pups, AND Una. Doug said that would not be possible because Una was very aggressive, (earlier he elaborated on how gentle Una was), and he also did not want to take the chance of exposing the pups to any viruses. O.K.., so I asked if I could contact the kennel, which he earlier had told me was run by a lady. Again, he came up with an excuse and, the answer was no. I then asked if the person running the kennel could take a picture of Una, and the pups and send that to me. Suggested a picture either on her phone, or to my email. Another excuse, and that would not be possible. Then, Doug informed me that he would bring both Una and the "Sire" Mark (also FIC Champion) along when I picked up the puppy 8 weeks. Said I could take pictures with them, and even "kiss them on the nose if I want". Wow, now the dogs are remarkably not vicious anymore. He then. made the mistake, of telling me that when he brings the puppies from the kennel in NEBRASKA in a couple of months...NEBRASKA? You were earlier telling me the kennel was in COLORADO! I immediately knew there was a problem and began searching online, and now have found this forum. As others, I too sent the contract and a $500.00 check to this man, which was run through his bank upon his receipt. To date, I have not received a signed contract back from him, with the excuse that he couldn't get the FAX to go through...poor excuse considering the FAX is a valid number used in a busy office. I have since contacted Doug and informed him I do not feel comfortable with all the stories, and lack of a contract, and requested he send my $500.00 back. He claims he will gladly refund my money because his family is upset with him for selling the only female from litter anyway. That was on 7/16/12. Later that day, he did then send me a picture to my email of a litter of five puppies laying in a pile sleeping, no adult dog. Interesting that considering he had mentioned to me several times earlier that he had received "Kennel of the Year Award" in the past, that the picture of the pups was laying on linolium, and the perimeter floor trim pictured was smeared with feces. Looks like a utility room that needs a good cleaning rather than an award winning kennel to me. As an earlier post suggested, I have contacted folks involved in the Kennel club that breed Rottweilers. Several folks are familiar with Doug Harrington, and the scam he has been running for YEARS! I even spoke to a reputable breeder in another state that said many in the kennel club are familar with this particular man, and his scam. Considering he only takes us for $500.00, people do not pursue legal action due to the time and effort involved. I've got news for you Mr. Harrington. Either I get my $500.00 back within one week, or I too will be visiting with the Jefferson County Sheriffs office. I have already called their office and left a message. Another note; after reading earlier posts, I have no doubt that something was going to unfortunately happen to this particular female he took my deposit for. The way he kept elaborating how at risk this one female was, and how they were protecting her from Una with a divider within the kennel so she wouldn't laid on, etc...I have no doubt the female pup would have been supposibly "suffocated" by Una, and he would have to offered me a replacement. Who knows if Doug even has a female "Dam" named Una! Shame on you Doug Harrington!
When a person is telling the truth they don't have to have a good memory! When you lie you can't remember what you said to who! This post is proof! You all should ban together and sue this guy!!!!! I wonder how much money he has made with this scam?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts