Rottweilers Online Forums banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
This Doug looks like a fricken TWEEKER, he will rip off the wrong person one day, and my guess is he will get the Darwin award.
If he had ripped off one of my friends or family, he would be hunted down and get his azz kicked all over colorado in short order, but then, I am Old fashioned.

AND, I wonder why he can get along without Jail time for his long ripoff sheet of priors? I am going to FB and rip him a new one right now.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
another option for "Pet Quality" puppies and youth or even older dogs would be to keep the papers until the spay/neuter cert arrives or with hold papers all together.
Will not stop people from breeding...don't need papers to breed - need another willing idiot with an intact dog... :)

· Registered
6,038 Posts
Dave, pm me with your name on FB......
This Doug looks like a fricken TWEEKER, he will rip off the wrong person one day, and my guess is he will get the Darwin award.
If he had ripped off one of my friends or family, he would be hunted down and get his azz kicked all over colorado in short order, but then, I am Old fashioned.

AND, I wonder why he can get along without Jail time for his long ripoff sheet of priors? I am going to FB and rip him a new one right now.

· Registered
9 Posts
Rocky Mountain Rottweilers/Von Eisenhart Rottweilers

Hey All,

Did some sleuthing online and discovered that Doug Harrington has changed the name of his scam operation (I mean kennel) from Von Eisenhart to Rocky Mountain Rottweilers. I guess all the negative publicity caused him to change the name, although the website is identical as before, the address is Rocky Mountain Rottweilers | Rottweiler Breeder | Rottweiler Puppies For Sale. We all need to file BBB and Ripoff Report claims under his new name.

· Registered
186 Posts
Wow so many litters whelped within months with 2 of them on the same day! Unless they have an Army of people there to help how can they possibly so what has to be done properly. UGH This makes me so sick to my stomach. It states there are puppies available from all of these 4 litters whelped since October 2012 and also advertising more litters to come. Simply heartbreaking for these little ones and also the victims who will be sending in deposits in all these puppies, if there are any and it isn't simply a higher number for his scam.

· Registered
13 Posts
Spoke with a man from Longmont, CO. His sister had been breeding Rottweilers. Due to complications following surgery, she died. Her dogs, were left to her brother and 80 year old father, who were contacted by Doug Harrington this past year. Harrington talked the men into selling some of their dogs (several). With only a small down payment, Harrington took the dogs, and the rest is history. Harrington has stolen the dogs! The case is being processed through the Jefferson County courts. The first court date, Harrington did not show and there was a judgement awarded. However, I guess there is more follow-up that is going to be required. The man from Longmont contacted myself and asked that I file a report through my local police department, which can then be filed in Jefferson County. With the holidays, and frustration, I have failed to follow through. I think that the attorney generals office may be a good place to start, as well as possibly Tom Martino "The Troubleshooter" in Denver. Bottom line, Douglas Harrington's scam continues, and many unfortunate folks such as ourselves will be out $500.00 and broken hearted!

· Registered
6,038 Posts
I looked at the site and yep it's the same site under another name! He is a scam artist! I wonder if he took the pups to sell? I'm sure he is breeding but not as much as he says. Thats why so many people have put down a deposit and do NOT receive a pup!!! He needs to be stopped!!!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Nothing will ever be done unless everyone acts!!! Colorado Rottweiler aka Von Eisenhart Rottweilers

Whoever has been harmed ... Document your grievance!! While the iron is hot, File a complaint with Jefferson County and the Colorado AG and BBB referencing all kennel names and Doug Harrington’s name.. It's not that hard and it doesn't matter how long ago...It will show a pattern of behavior to the authorities. File a rip-off report tying the new to the old name!! This is a very active site and if a report is filed it will show up under the kennel name reviews.

Nothing works better than exposure… When you post … type in the name Colorado Rottweiler - Doug Harrington -Von Eisenhart Rottweilers – Rocky Mountain Rottweiler to keep tying them together. The more it’s typed in this thread the more likely this thread will show up under the kennel name.
This thread always came up on the first Google search page because it was active…so we need to re-create this thread using the new name(s) and referencing both.
CMcMannis under breeders.. Will you re-post and start a new thread to say Beware!! Colorado Rottweiler Doug Harrington aka Rocky Mountain Rottweiler aka Von Eisenhart Rottweilers, Doug Harrington changed their kennel name ... and post the link to this thread.

The old Von Eisenhart website with name changed to Rocky Mountain Rottweilers Rocky Mountain Rottweilers | Rottweiler Breeder | Rottweiler Puppies For Sale . Probably in transition to this

New website and address for Doug Harrington’s unethical practices called Colorado Rottweiler Colorado Rottweiler Breeder | Rottweiler Puppies for Sale in Colorado - Will arrange transport to your location

Those who got Screwed.........Document and save everything....
Here are the websites where you can file a complaint

The Colorado Attorney General
https://www.coloradoattorneygeneral....complaint_form

Jefferson County's Animal Control
Animal Control - Sheriff's Office - Jefferson County, CO
he has 24 bitches listed and a couple of males, they may be interested in how they're kenneled.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...-of-complaint/

You can also file a complaint on fraud report: Once you submit it, you cannot change it. So be honest and try to factually report your grievances. As much as we'd like to sometimes, refrain from going off on a tangent. You will get a more positive acknowledgement stating only the facts.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
ColoradoRottweiler.com aka Von Eisenhart Rottweilers

Unethical breeders can make a fortune in non-refundable deposits. They could be advertizing the best pedigree in the world and there's no telling how many deposits they can collect for a litter that may not even exist...Collecting only 20 non-refundable deposits will equal $10,000 ..per litter! ...It's quite an incentive to cheat, and if you did recieve your puppy, well, where did it really come from? the newspaper, puppy mill in nebraska, a lesser litter? There's no way to verify the bloodlines unless you have DNA on file. Beware!!

· Registered
5 Posts
I got a dog from Doug and he is a great dog. Every where i go i get nothing but complements. It must be how a gorgeous woman feels. I see how they can get tired of the attention. He is 3 years old now and in perfect health. his temperament is the best Ive seen in a Rottweiler. he is a bad ass dog wish i knew how to post pic s on here.I didn't put a deposit down though i went to house and looked at all the dogs there. Markus was there he is bad as hell. Any way i just picked my dog and paid cash. he has broke all kinds of stuff at first. Ive payed more for home repairs then the dog but i dont regret any of it. My dog is the shit!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Then you are one of the lucky ones. I would rather have clear health certs on the parents then to play the odds of Luck.
Some dogs that were bred where known to have dysplasia.

· Registered
5 Posts
if it was luck then it was the f in jack pot. When i take him to the vet (Seven Hills Veterinary Hospital a very good vet imo) they always say he is in the best of health and give me accolades. all i do is feed him and walk him and have him pull 3 times a week. When i went to buy my dog there must of been about 22 puppy's to chose from. I took my Time and picked the best one i could afford. There were better ones there but he wanted like $1200-$1700 for them. got mine for $500. 2nd best looking rott Ive had out of 4 and the best in temperament.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
When i went to buy my dog there must of been about 22 puppy's to chose from. I took my Time and picked the best one i could afford. There were better ones there but he wanted like $1200-$1700 for them. got mine for $500. 2nd best looking rott Ive had out of 4 and the best in temperament.
TWENTY TWO PUPPIES? YOU chose the puppy? Dear lord what a crapshoot...no breeder worth half a cent would allow someone to choose a puppy. Only a GOOD breeder knows the puppies and can help the buyer select the proper puppy for them. The BREEDER should be the one to make the final decision IF the breeder knows what the hell he/she is doing - and having 22 puppies on the ground is a huge red flag right there. NOBODY has the time to properly socialize and prepare 22 puppies for homes...NOBODY.

Tony - you got lucky. Oh, and please, refrain from the profanity...not necessary. Thank you :)

· Registered
6,038 Posts
You are one of the lucky ones! He runs a puppy mill!!! I wouldn't get a dog from him if he gave it to me!! He takes people's deposits and they never get a puppy!!! He's a scam artist!! !!!

· Registered
5 Posts
A fool and his money i guess. all i know is i didn't get scammed. i got a bargain. i would put my dog up against yours any day. bet i got a better deal than you. i know its a bold statement but im telling you my dog is the shit and he wasn't even the best one doug had. have you ever been to his house? i have, its not a puppy mill.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts