Rottweilers Online Forums banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Seems, that the new Member may be friends with Von Eisenhart Rottweilers or may even be him who knows, maybe not.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
Also seems that the new member can't (or won't) refrain from using his potty mouth - incredibly offensive.

As for his dogs vs mine (or anyone else's) - what does it matter, really? We all think our dog is the best - yet for some reason, I'm pretty sure we all can brag without using crude and offensive language - both on this forum and in person.

· Registered
5 Posts
I'm not his friend. believe it or not i don't really care. had to say some thing when i see a bunch of people running their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about.
And come on "incredibly offensive" maybe slightly offend but incredibly offended? who gets incredibly offended over a blog? i know the answer to that but i dont want to offend any one. i mean this has no real baring on your life. no need for strong emotion here.
and i said i bet i got a better deal than you not my dog is better than yours. need to work on your comprehension a little trust me. you sound like a democrat. am i right? any way i was just trying to stick up for some one i know breeds great dogs but i guess you all don't want to hear it.
He might be taking people deposits i dont know about that. i do know there is a sucker born every day. any way no hard feelings i see this a lot. every one has opinions no one wants to change them. i understand.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
As you.......People have also posted their personal experiences with Colorado Rottweilers owned by Doug Harrington previously called Von Eisenhart Rottweilers. Each of these people have been burned in one way or the other and some have commented on the harm he has caused. He promotes and takes deposits on deceptive advertizing. He was caught advertizing bitches using photos of other breeders dogs, he has taken deposits without honoring the agreement. (Accepting a few non-refundable deposits are acceptable if the contracted bitch is in fact pregnant but not to "bait and switch" and both parties perform the necessary and common details associated with a contractual agreement as legally expected, He does not.. ) He has bred bitches that were sold on the condition they were suppose to be spayed. Someone was devastated because he didn't honor his defect clause in the contract. There is another guy who bought a dog to breed was worried sick because he found out both parents have dysplasya and shelved the idea because he doesn't want to pass the genes. I am getting a hip replacement tomorrow and if people knew how extremely painful and dehabilitating joint deterioration is they would take care to breed responsibly and never deliberately, leave to chance or wish dysplasia on an any animal. Maybe you should read some of the posts here and on a few other places, Maybe you will at least see there may be good reason to question his ethics.
here are a couple more to read
Ripoff Report | Von Eisenhart Rottweilers, Complaint Review Internet: 915089
Ripoff Report | von eisenhart rottweilers Complaint Review conifer, Colorado: 973533

That said....Cherish and care for your dog like I think you do, that is most important. But please be aware that not all have had the good fortune as you with Colorado Rottweilers and people should be made aware so they can make a more informed decision when purchasing a Rottweiler and maybe you may be the one to change their opinion .

· Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm not his friend. believe it or not i don't really care. had to say some thing when i see a bunch of people running their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about.
And come on "incredibly offensive" maybe slightly offend but incredibly offended? who gets incredibly offended over a blog? i know the answer to that but i dont want to offend any one. i mean this has no real baring on your life. no need for strong emotion here.
and i said i bet i got a better deal than you not my dog is better than yours. need to work on your comprehension a little trust me. you sound like a democrat. am i right? any way i was just trying to stick up for some one i know breeds great dogs but i guess you all don't want to hear it.
He might be taking people deposits i dont know about that. i do know there is a sucker born every day. any way no hard feelings i see this a lot. every one has opinions no one wants to change them. i understand.
I believe the people responding regarding the breeder know people who had issues with him - I highly doubt they're just 'running their mouth' about things they don't have insight on.

As for 'incredibly offensive' - it is incredibly offensive. There is no need for your profanity when discussing your dog. You like your dog, we get it, but no need to use vulgarity.

As for my political affiliations - I am not registered with any party nor do I discuss, agree or disagree, or align myself with ANY political parties - honestly, I don't care one way or the other regarding politics of any kind. I find it is safer that way.

You may have an opinion on the person you got your dog from, and that's great, but don't get defensive when people share their own opinions of that same person based on their personal dealings with him.

· Registered
5 Posts
I agree with your political views. ha h a
but you were one of the ones stating facts ie running your mouth of puppy mill and this and that. so have you personally dealt with them?
Sorry every ones sensibilities are so easily rattled here. its just i come from a place ware most of the people have thick skin and are not bothered by such trivial a thing or give that kind of power to a word.
im not getting defensive about people stating there opinions i just wanted to give mine as well. im getting defensive about people trying to spin my words and telling me how i should act or talk and of people felling they are better than others.every one wants to control every one else. its bs.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes, I do have personal experience with this puppy mill - sadly, I know several people who were screwed over by this person (I REFUSE to call him a breeder) and will never see their promised puppies OR their money...heartbreaking and frustrating for sure - and he doesn't care - just continues to lie and scam people.

They have since gotten puppies from reputable breeders and have forged incredible and long lasting relationships with these breeders - which is how it should be.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have been scammed by Doug Harrington and his supposed wife Jolyen. I am not really sure that she exists?? Doug is a smooth talker and takes advantage of being able to abuse the system. I can say I let my emotions get the best of me. Lost my Rot last december and was searching for several months to no avail on findings a good breeder in Western PA. So i made the mortal mistake of searching the internet. I placed deposit in July of this year and was bumped to what appears to be the 3rd liter now. $500 waisted but I will get the upper hand because I will not let this scumbag piece of crap get away with these antics.

Sad part about it is when i did preliminary search I really didn't find anything related to Colorado Rottweilers.
Then the red flags started to fly the last 4 weeks with unanswered emails, calls related to delivery of pup. But I am blown way with what I have found tonight searching under his name and previous Breeding names.

I live to far away to knock on his door and bust his nose , but where i come from you DO NOT SCAM people like this guy is doing. Karma will get this SOB....

· Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if anyone has ever filed an official law suite against this fraud know as Doug Harrington? I am fuming about the amount of people this scumbag has screwed over throughout the years. He should be in jail and I want to see that it happens and He is shut down. Please reach out to me directly if you have any informations related to law suites.

[email protected]

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Sorry you had to go through that... He is not a good person. I believe he changed his name because his reputation was catching up with him. You may want to start a new thread as well linking his name Doug Harrington to Colorado Rottweilers, Von Eisenhart and this thread. It may take a while for others who have been screwed to find it but they will. Save all communications you had with Colorado Rottweilers. You can also make a complaint on Rip off Report using Colorado Rottweilers and linking the names. It will show up in the search results right under his site address. Here the report I made with Eisenhart name. Ripoff Report | Von Eisenhart Rottweilers Complaint Review Conifer, Colorado: 914987.
Only state facts and steer clear of unnecessary colorful descriptions. Also make a complaint to the Colorado better business and maybe the county where he's at. You may not see your deposit but you will make others aware of his lack of diligence and put him back on the coals

I believe non-refundable deposits that transfer to another litter are rip-offs. If you cannot get a puppy from the desired litter, you should be able to get your deposit back. I believe many are bait and switch and only fund breeders programs and nobody knows how many 500.00 deposits breeders collect for a litter and without DNA on file how do you know the puppy didn't come from the local newspaper free puppy ads. Wait till the puppies hit the ground and you know what's available before you send a deposit. There are many good people out there and when or if you're ready ask for referrals from a local Rottweiler club or even contact RKNA or USRC. This forum can recommend a few as well......Good Luck

On a side note........I lost my big boy this year as well, my heart is with you.
Art paint Paint Painting Art Artist

· Registered
105 Posts
Unbelievable, how can this guy get away with this blatant law breaking. To look at his old youtube stuff, you would easily be fooled into thinking that this was a proper breeder with a good kennel . I hope karma catches up with this scumbag, as they say "what goes around, comes around". He obviously plays on people not being able or willing to travel huge distances to challenge him face to face.

· Premium Member
1,944 Posts
I have received word that CO is shutting down this kennel. The dogs will be housed at The Denver Dumb Friends League until the rescue can temperment test, vet, so on. There is a huge need for fosters probably starting mid June/July. If interested call the League for more information.

· Premium Member
1,944 Posts
The rescue taking the dogs is called Rottie Aid. I will find more information this evening and pass along the contact. Rottie Aid will be the point of foster, adoption, transport. The league is only housing them for the rescue until fosters so on are in place.

· Registered
2 Posts
if it was luck then it was the f in jack pot. When i take him to the vet (Seven Hills Veterinary Hospital a very good vet imo) they always say he is in the best of health and give me accolades. all i do is feed him and walk him and have him pull 3 times a week. When i went to buy my dog there must of been about 22 puppy's to chose from. I took my Time and picked the best one i could afford. There were better ones there but he wanted like $1200-$1700 for them. got mine for $500. 2nd best looking rott Ive had out of 4 and the best in temperament.
Hmmmm is this the vet his daughter is a vet for? The whole family is in on the scam! Placing a few dogs he gets from other breeders but scamming what has to be well into a hundred people now! This POS is the trash we need behind bars, and they need to tie this into his son and daughter's scam circle.
ColoradoRottweiler.com aka Von Eisenhart Rottweilers Unethical breeders can make a fortune in non-refundable deposits. They could be advertizing the best pedigree in the world and there's no telling how many deposits they can collect for a litter that may not even exist...Collecting only 20 non-refundable deposits will equal $10,000 ..per litter! ...It's quite an incentive to cheat, and if you did recieve your puppy, well, where did it really come from? the newspaper, puppy mill in nebraska, a lesser litter? There's no way to verify the bloodlines unless you have DNA on file. Beware!!
I would like to be contacted by any and everyone scammed by this man! We have to collectively stop him. He has already been in the papers about this, on TV, and he needs the law to cuff him and he needs to do time. He knows damn well what he is doing! He has every intention of running a fraud scheme! Someone has taught him how and he has been doing this for years! He has changed his "kennel" name 3 times to get away with this. He gets bad press and reviews to the point of mass anger from people robbed blind and then goes and opens a new website and business and does it all over again. His daughter and son are in on it. His daughter is a veterinarian. I get ill in the stomach when I say that.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts