Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone here loves our breed, I had to share this terribly heartbreaking story and video about this sweet little girl called Mercy. How could someone let this happen to her??:(

101_3154.MOV - YouTube

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:15:07 -0500
To: Anissa Sadeghi <[email protected]>
Subject: Mon. Update: Carthage, IL: Mercy/Love Emaciated Rot girl..

I sent this out on Monday but some are saying they haven't gotten an update so I am resending. My apologizes if you have already received this and my apologizes if you haven't :) Thank you, Anissa

Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 1:36 PM
To: Anissa Sadeghi
Subject: Mon. Update: Carthage, IL: Mercy/Love Emaciated Rot girl..

101_3154.MOV - YouTube Sorry it's been a bit between my last update. We have been very busy working on finding out who did this to her. I was with her this morning and she is weak and tired but has bursts of energy-just wears her out quickly. She is eating and drinking on her own still and making progress. She has been in this shape for awhile now and it's going to take awhile to get her back on her feet completely. She is still hospitalized for now, getting the best possible care. She is comfortable and warm with hands on her all day long providing everything she needs. I want to again thank everyone for all the support and concern for this precious pooch!! Know that we are doing all we can to go after the person responsible for this criminal act!! We are still asking for help with her continued care so please consider(if you haven't already making a donation to Mercy's care by calling our vet clinic directly at 217-847-3911 or our PayPal account is our email address [email protected] or our mailing address is WHCR 2040 Keokuk St. Hamilton, IL 62341 THANK YOU! Anissa Sadeghi
107_0091.MOV - YouTube 9-13-11 Love'Mercy update: A little tail wag and a couple of barks now she is feeling better!!! She weighed 30.5lbs this morning. Dropped some since the last weigh in but my vet explained it's because she was full of the fluid from the subq I was giving her. She this is a good weight for just being 9 days from when she came in. Her bowel is getting better now and they are going to be switching her from a g.i. sensitive diet to a high calorie puppy food and we are going to add some cooked liver as she is still enemic. They did another cbc/blood panel. She is going to be staying at the vet clinic through the diet change and will revalute on Friday. Please keep the prayers coming and THANK YOU for all the support!!
107_0052.MOV - YouTube 9-10-11 She now has an appetite! She can eat about 1/2-3/4 cup at a time. We are giving her a prescription science diet intestinal canned food in several mini meals a day, followed up with 1/2 cup or dry(at night). She is drinking on her own so no more subq fluids and still getting several supplements and an antibiotic. She is weak and gets wore out quickly, after a short walk of about 10-15 steps this morning she just collapsed on the ground. Enjoying a quick rest outside as temps here are very nice today. With a little coxing, she was able to make it back inside to her bed. We are still carrying her around quite a bit too. I will send out another update on Monday(tomorrow is crazy busy for me!). THANK YOU EVERYONE for the help and support. All the kind words and helpful information has been wonderful! please stop by her facebook page as well "Let's have hope for "love!" | Facebook
108_3083.MOV - YouTube
9-9-11, She slowly making progress, eating a little more, drinking a little more on her own and able to now walking outside to go potty. She is in good spirits and I think as comfortable as possible. She gets exhausted easily and naps a lot. Sorry this is short, I have a transport heading out in the morning and new dogs that have come in. I will keep sending updates and can't thank everyone enough for the support for her.
I snapped this picture just a little bit ago. I was too late to catch her at breakfast this morning and she was already back in her kennel taking a nap. She is doing as expected and continues to show signs of improvements. I wanted to thank you again for ALL the love and support for her. Thank you! If you haven't already, please stop by her facebook page as well "Let's have hope for "love!" | Facebook
106_3072.MOV - YouTube Mercy is doing amazingly well this morning. She is holding her own and seems to be in good spirits. She weighed in at 28lbs on Sunday and weighed in at 32lbs yesterday. Her bloodwork showed she was anemic but otherwise was okay. She has a kidney infection and a little bit of an upper respiratory. Prognosis is good for her but it's going to be a long road to full recovery. She is in our county animal control's custody for now and will be held pending finding an owner or responsible party. After her hold time is up and she is medically cleared to be moved, several offers to help with her adoptive placement have been made, although nothing has been decided. *Donations are still being accepted as we don't know for how long she will be hospitilized or any other issues that may arise, however, please keep the calls to the vet office to a min regarding "how's she doing". Our clinic is a small county vet with only 2 office staff and have many other clients to assist. I will keep regular updates coming and PLEASE feel free to contact me on her status. Thank you ALL so very much! Anissa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carthage, IL: 9-6-11 This girl was found stray along the highway, she can barely stand up and only walk a few steps before having to lie down.
105_0158.MOV - YouTube She is at our vet office now, if anyone can please help towards her care, you can contact them at 217-847-3911 our paypal address is [email protected] Not sure if she will make it, I have NEVER seen a poor soul in this bad of shape!!! It has been a rough last couple of weeks for us here so if you can help, I would be extremely grateful! I will send out an update later today. THANK YOU, Anissa

Anissa Sadeghi
West Hancock Canine Rescue
westhancockcaninerescue.org
West Hancock Canine Rescue Dogs - YouTube
WEST HANCOCK CANINE RESCUE-IL - YouTube

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh my god .................
This is what the Nazi people did to Jews , Gypsies , gay people and others in the concentration camps , Evil of the highest level .
We human are the most dangerous monsters ever lived on this planet :mad:

Thank you for helping that beautifull dog .

·
Registered
508 Posts
Susan, this is so hard to watch. . . I truly cannot believe that someone could do something like this and live with themselves. I couldn't watch all of them . . it was just to hard to see this poor baby.

I pray that they find the person/s that did this and that they are prosecuted to the fullest!!!!!

My prayers are with this little angel and hope for a speedy recovery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts