Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I just wanted to post a reminder about the site rules. Please keep in mind that debates and disagreements are okay here, but personal attacks and insults are not.

When heated discussions are brought to my attention,as administrator it is not always clearwhich direction a thread is going... there is often a very fine line between a healthy debate and a personal argument. I think we need to keep in mind that when someone disgrees, that doesn't necessarilymean it's a personal insult.

I'm not sure a thread should be removed just because a portion of our community doesn't agree with it.... where is the line betweenbeing open toideas and debates and shutting out something just because we don't like it? We pride ourselveson being more open minded, accepting,and "different" than the other rottweiler forums, but at the same time we're quick to shut out anything that's a little different. At what point are we too comfortable that we become one of those forums?

This is just something to think about, and it is not directed at any one specifically.

Please feel free replywith your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I wanted to take the time to bump this important announcement. It seems we get rolling along and doing well, then hit a bump or two. We need to understand that while we may have our disagreements, and may not like someone, we should do our best to either avoid that person or resolve not to interact with them.

Please, review the site rules and please, let us respect one another.

Thanks,
ROL Staff

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree. It is important to remember thier are different owners:

1. First time Owner

2. Experienced Owner

3. Breeder/Kennel

4. Trainer

or any blend of the above. The best each type can do is be polite to the others and not talk down. Just because an unorthodox and in sombody's opinion wrong method worked no need to berate them for it. Telling them they are wrong or it's not the way to do things never works. The best is simple suggestions is alternatives but telling them you are glad it worked for them.

Keeping people from being defensive invites open mindedness and facilities learning. If one person does it wrong but you polite respond with an "alternative method" anybody who reads the thread will realize the right way. But coming off condescending will only make the person defensive and make it less clear to subsequent reader the proper method to use.

Now with that long winded reply out of my system, I must say the people on this site are kind and thoughtful. Everybody wants the best for the dogs and is eager to assist.

Thanks for the great site.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
spree, great post !

Ialso want to say thanks Nutz for bringing this post forward again .

Sometimes we forget that we are all real people here with feelings and that not everyone here has been a Rottie owner for a long time. I know that Jess intended this site to be a friendly site for everyoneto come to without being prosecuted because of any question asked . Lets all try to respect one another as we want to be respected !

Thanks Jess for a wonderful site !

ROL Staff

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, very nice post Spree. Wish we had more people like you on the site. What you mentioned is the bedrock of this forum. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts